cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemble-to-Order with External Procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I am trying to figure out how to deliver an assemble-to-order process to my client without having to create planned orders. My client's environment is such that PP is not in place.

The business requires an assembly process, but always with external procurement.

Has anyone come accross an identical requirement and if so, can I please ask for suggestions on what strategy, strategy group should I use?

Thanks and regards

Kikas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kikas,

You may use strategy group 84 - Service order which triggers a Service order through requirement type SERA in Requirement class 203. Plan all the labour (operations) and materials in the Service order (you may use Task list master). From the Service order you can Trigger PR / PO for procurement and also confirm the operations (in assembly process) for labour cost.

You may refer [this link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/e6/4a8df09e0311d189b70000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]. It needs little PM knowldge to map your requirement

Babu.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi babu,

Thanks so much. I will have a PM consultant working on this with me - but I needed to scope it first so that the business can approve the resource.

I will investigate further and will let you know of results.

Thanks so much again

Kikas