cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test connection in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created a new standalone system technical system in SLD. How do I check whether SLD is able to communicate to that system?

Regards

Vidyadhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

SLD does not communicate with that system unless it is a SAP system and SLD synch is configured. If it is a non-SAP system, you can check communication by creating a business system for it and then use it in a PI scenario.

Regards,

Volker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I wanted a flat file in my laptop be sent to XI server. So I was trying to create a standalone system.

Previously I tried creating a business syem, communication channel and gave the file source as ipaddress/path.

But the file is not picked up. Can you guide me on this.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You do not need a business system in SLD for that. Just use a business component.

To locate the file use relative path and not absolute address. In windows use \ and in unix use /

In windows you can also use absolute path with drive letter like e.g. c:\files\pifiles\....

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

or did I misunderstand you and the PI server is not on your laptop?

If so ask your network guys how you can plug your Laptop into the network. An easier way is to FTP transfer this file to PI server and access it there.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker

Thanks for the info..Yes my PI server is not in my laptop...

I just wanted to know how PI server picks up a file from my laptop assuming my laptop is already in the network.

Do i need to give full path name with ipaddress or just some local path name like C:\file\file.txt.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Do i need to give full path name with ipaddress or just some local path name like C:\file\file.txt.

Run T-Code AL11. There you find the path of the directory sth like PI_files , where you can put the file.

you have to provide that path in Communication channel. not your laptop folder path

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I check whether SLD is able to communicate to that system

You can check the communication from your XI system by creating an RFC destination(sm59) in the XI system for the technical system.

And then do a test connection.