Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File-XI-SRFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario:

File - XI - Sync RFC

Source File has say comp code and I want to call std RFC

BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL to retrieve the details.

What should be my outbound and inbound message interfaces be ?

I know inbound will be the RFC imported from SAP, but how do I define my outbound interface for my input file.

Should it be sync or async.?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all.

Yes, that is the confirmation I wanted that I cannot do this without using BPM.

Again scenario is File-XI-Sync RFC to get the details back from BAPI like company code details.

Weblog link given is very similar (File-XI-RFC-File) only difference is I did not want to create the last step which is to create an output file. So was wandering if BPM was used to create the last step or even if I want to use my scenario (File-XI-RFC), do I still need BPM ?

Apparently I do bcos I am making a SYNC (to get details back) call to the RFC, correct ?

Again thanks all..

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Bhaven,

<i>So was wandering if BPM was used to create the last step or even if I want to use my scenario (File-XI-RFC), do I still need BPM ?</i>

>>> File system will not support Application Acknowledgements. It will support only System Acknowledgements. So inorder to handle this we need to have a BPM.

<i>Apparently I do bcos I am making a SYNC (to get details back) call to the RFC, correct ?</i>

You are right.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>><i>I know inbound will be the RFC imported from SAP, but how do I define my outbound interface for my input file.</i>

If your scenatrio is file -> rfc -> file then you would have to simulate a synchronous communication for the file using BPM. This scenario would not be possible without a BPM.

If your scenario is, file -> rfc then, an outbound asynchronuos message interface would do.

In this case, you would not be using the response coming back from the rfc.

Regards,

Smitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaven,

Your scenario can be addressed like this-

File->XI(BPM)->R/3(RFC).

Since you need a response back you need a response back to folder you need to use a BPM.

and if you are doing the Transforation step outside the BPM then your BPM steps will be:

1) Receieve the File Message - Receive Step

2) Send the Received Message Synchronously to R/3

3) Send the Response Back to File

Regards,

Abhy

Message was edited by: Abhy Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As explained above you will have to use BPM, Here is an example of how to do this.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaven,

If you just want to call the RFC, then your Outbound interface should be of Asynchronous type, otherwise if you want the response back, then file system is not capable of taking a response, you have to use BPM in this case.

BPM will receive the response from RFC and send it to the File system

Thanks

Akshay

P.S : Please reward points for valid answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should use BPM (File -> BPM - BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL(sync) -BPM - File)

refer to this blog

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

thanks

Venjamin(YD)