cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change UME datasource to ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I've a question - what do I have to do to change the UME datasource to an ABAP client? We have a NW7 Portalserver without ABAP-Stack. Now we want to manage the users in our central SAP System ABAP-Stack - so we created a client for our JAVA Portal. Now the question is how can I change the UME configuration so that users are created for our JAVA Portal in the central ABAP-Stack system.

And what do I have to think about with existing users now if i change to ABAP. Do I have to export the existing users, delete them and create them new after changing the ume source?

Thanks for help!

Best regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Problem is solved. It is a question of authorities to write into the abap database. So it is possible to create users from the java side that are stored in the abap.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello thomas,

What is the current datasource?

Check if your scenario matches to the one mentioned in this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/9e/fdcf3d4f902d10e10000000a114084/content.htm

Also, please go through this link which showcases the constraints:

SAP note# 718383 and

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/af3ac012d32e78e10000000a155369/content.htm

thanks,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks for the answers.

But there is a big problem - if I have changed the datasource from local database (JAVA) to ABAP

i've got problems with the existing user on JAVA. That means in the UME a User Administrator exist but on the ABAP not because the user is not created in the new source. I can also not create the User Administrator on the ABAP because it still exist (on JAVA). Deletion is also not possible because management of users are only possible from Abap.

Is there a possibility to get read/write access - how can I fix this problem?

Best regards

Thomas

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos