cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger help required for Purchase Order,Dispatch Advice,Supplier Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I wanted to do the Seeburger implementation.

I wanted to convert the EDIFACT to XML struture and XML struture to EDIFACT using the seeburger adpater for --

Purchase Order , Dispatch Advice and Supplier Invoice.

1. How will vendor will send and receive data to PI. (means how to use Seeburger spoke and how to give unique Ids in Seeburger AS2 adapter)

2. How to do Edifact to XML conversion and XML to Edifact conversion using Mapping Designer

3. How to configure modules in Seeburger AS2 adapter

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

For Seeburger implementation you should take licance for BIC MD and Adapters(AS2,SFTP).

1)You will receive the data from the vendor ,you need to configure the AS2 Sender Adapter and you need configure the Party with AS2ID(Global Indentfier).

2)For Conversion for the EDIFACT to XML you need to generate the the BIC mapping In BIC MD.once generate the map you can loaded the map into XI server.you need to configure the mapping detials in module(Classifer,BIC,Spliter......).

Steps to genrate the BIC MAP:

Steps :-

1) Right click on Data type and Export structure (msg_....xml).

2) Run u201CCreateXMLmessageu201D, (source file msg_....xml, target file XML_....xml).

3) Import XMLu2026.xml to your Project XML Message.

4) Run u201CCreateMappingXMLToEdiu201D source file (msg_...xml),target file (X2E_....xml)

if you are converting XML to Edi format.

5) Run u201CCreateMappingEdiToXMLu201D source file (msg_....xml),target file (E2X_....xml) if you are converting Edi to XML format.

6) Import X2E/E2X_.....xml to your project mappings

3) you need to open firwall from the vendor and your system..

AS2 Sender Adapter:

Transpoert protocl:HTTP

Message Protocol:AS2

Authincation Requered(Check box)

Message subject:

Asynchorns MDM Settings:

Server Certifacte:

Private key:

HTTP TimeOut:

MDM retry interval:

MDM retry Count:

Proxy Server:

Proxy prot:

Proxy User and Password.

For more information end to end :above menation rajesh weblog.

regards,

Ramesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You need to provide the AS2ID in the Party configuration in Integration Directory. In the AS2 Spoke, you need to provide this name in the AS2 Controller option. Then you need to define File Controller to actually define the target folder.

2. You must have seen blogs related to this. The BIC MD tool allows you to create a map. This map when used as adapter module in sender or receiver channel performs EDI to xml and vice versa conversion.

3. It is similar to any other module configuration for anu other adapter. Usually you may use,

- Split997 (optional)

- Classifier (optional)

- bic (required)

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the below blog for the same

/people/rajeshkumar.pasupula/blog/2009/08/05/wanna-implement-seeburger-for-edi-find-the-booster

Any queries drop the same

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh and All,

I have seen Rajesh's bolg (very good blog) . I have some queries:

1. As Rajesh said we will use CC_Edi_File_Sender for sending 997 edi format and

will use CC_Edi_Split997_Sender for sending 850 edi format.

a. will the seeburger modules will be configured in CC_Edi_Split997_Sender or CC_Edi_File_Sender?

b. Any blog that shows how will the settings will be done for Vendor side for its Unique Id (Seeburger Spoke Settings).

And do we need to use Vendor Unique Id in CC_Edi_Split997_Sender adapter or CC_Edi_File_Sender adapter?

Pls send some blogs/snapshot for its configuration in PI.

c. What is AS2 Sender Adapter and AS2 Receiver adapter.

As Rajesh is using simple File sender CC_Edi_File_Sender and File receiver adapters. Pls explain.

2. Any blog how to use and create mappings using Seeburger Mapping Designer.

3. How and what changes to do in which adapter when data needs to send from R/3 from XML to edi format and needs to send to Vendor. How to handle this and also will there be Ack (997) for this scenario.

4. Any place from where I can install Seeburger Test environment ( free) as I it will take time to get Seeburger installed.

Regards

RameshGulipall
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

2. Any blog how to use and create mappings using Seeburger Mapping Designer.

Can you check the below links for Seeburger Mapping Desiner

/people/dijesh.tanna/blog/2008/05/26/sap-pixi-content-conversion-using-generator-mapping-functionality-of-seeburger-part-2

/people/dijesh.tanna/blog/2008/05/25/sap-pixi-content-conversion-using-generator-mapping-functionality-of-seeburger-part-1

AS2 Sender and Receiver Adapter for Sending and Receiveing messages from the Vendor.I mentioned above reply how to configure the AS2 Sender adapter

Regards,

Ramesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a. will the seeburger modules will be configured in CC_Edi_Split997_Sender or CC_Edi_File_Sender?

In CC_Edi_File_Sender.

b. Any blog that shows how will the settings will be done for Vendor side for its Unique Id (Seeburger Spoke Settings).

No such blog yet. I am planning though

If you use AS2 Spoke, then you have to use AS2 sender or receiver adapter channels.

3. How and what changes to do in which adapter when data needs to send from R/3 from XML to edi format and needs to send to Vendor. How to handle this and also will there be Ack (997) for this scenario.

In receiver side, you just need to use the BIC module. Split channel is only used at sender side.

4. Any place from where I can install Seeburger Test environment ( free) as I it will take time to get Seeburger installed.

No such free environment available.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

If I go step by step

1. will the seeburger modules will be configured in CC_Edi_Split997_Sender or CC_Edi_File_Sender?

yor answer --- In CC_Edi_File_Sender.

Since CC_Edi_File_Sender is getting 997 format and CC_Edi_Split997_Sender is geeting 850 format so it should not be

CC_Edi_Split997_Sender. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

If I use AS2 Sender Adapter and AS2 Receiver Adapter will all the Seeburger module configurations will be done there.

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

2. What changes to do in which adapter when data needs to send from R/3 from XML to edi format and needs to send to Vendor. How to handle this and also will there be Ack (997) for this scenario.

yor answer --- In receiver side, you just need to use the BIC module. Split channel is only used at sender side.

Can you pls send me blogs/snapshots for full demo settings for Seeburger module sequence wise for sender E2X and

receiver X2E.

3. Good blog which explain clearly for settings of Seeburger Mapping Designer, Workbench etc.

Regards

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since CC_Edi_File_Sender is getting 997 format and CC_Edi_Split997_Sender is geeting 850 format so it should not be

CC_Edi_Split997_Sender. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Incorrect. Actual EDI file 850 is received using File_Sender channel. This same file as attachment to FA is sent to Split channel. Don't get confused here. Configure the modules with File_Sender channel.

If I use AS2 Sender Adapter and AS2 Receiver Adapter will all the Seeburger module configurations will be done there.

Correct.

2. Unfortunately, there are very few blogs available on Seeburger and so you need to explore certain things a bit.

3. The only available blogs are mentioned above.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rickkk,

1) Spliter channel will be used only when third party is sending multiple messages on behalf of other parties..

2) seeburger BIC module should use AS2 Sender/Receiver both adapters to convert edi to xml vice versa.

Cheers,

/Hidayat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

I suggest you to first concentrate on the modules and how it functions

1. CallBicXIRaBean(nothing but a bic adapter) - does the execution of mappings i.e from E2X and X2E

if you need to convert the Received R/3 data into EDI format then need to configure the BIC module for the same and need to provide the X2E mapping..

2. You need to provide the modules on the sender Channels only (not in Split997 adapter its a virtual adapter which acts as a sender)

3. Start with simple scenarios and things will make you to learn everything there... if not ableto proceed post to SDN

we are here to help

Rajesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now for Split unerstanding, have a look at this too. I posted it just now

/people/prateek.srivastava3/blog/2009/08/25/seeburger--part-6-150-classify-split-secret

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek and Rajesh

So all the module configurations will be done at File_Sender channel or AS2 Sender Channel or AS2 Receiver Channel (when need to send data from R/3 to Vendor X2E format).

Also for File_Sender channel we use Sender Interface as 997

Pls let me if I am correct

Do we require to do any module configuration in CC_Edi_Split997_Sender channel?

Also for CC_Edi_Split997_Sender we use Sender Interface as 850

Rajesh/Preteek if posible can I have snapshot of one full cycle ( E2X for PO and X2E for Invoice) since it is confusing

Mapping desinger, Seeburger Spoke, WorkBench, Modules in Sender file Adapter, Modules in Receiver file Adapter

when we are using E2X format

Prateek I have also ur id and I have already mailed u but not have Rajesh id.

Thanks a lot to both of you for ur great help

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Ravi for updated information.

Can you also pls send be blog for Reverse flow settings like -- Supplier Invoice ( from R/3 to Vendor)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Also for File_Sender channel we use Sender Interface as 997

> Pls let me if I am correct

Yes exactly we need to assocaite the 997 Ack message interface name with the sender channel which fetches the EDI message

Do we require to do any module configuration in CC_Edi_Split997_Sender channel?

No need to configure anything in splitter 997 sender adapter/channel

Also for CC_Edi_Split997_Sender we use Sender Interface as 850

We need to associate the original payload message interface name with sender agreement that corresponds to Split 997 channel .. this is main logic as attachment will have main payload...

Gud luck

HTH

Rajesh