cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DROP_DOWN_BY_KEY bind action dynamically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a need to create a parameter in action. Later on I need to create a DROP_DOWN_BY_KEY element and bind the action to this element.

Currently I have action without any parameters except WDEVENT. If I define a new parameter how would I bind it during run time?

Dynamic binding without parameters:

drop_down_bk = cl_wd_dropdown_by_key=>new_dropdown_by_key( bind_selected_key = 'REPOSITORY.GENERAL_OPERATORS' on_select = 'FROM_STOCK_OPERATOR' ).

If FROM_STOCK_OPERATOR has an importing parameter of type CL_WD_UIELEMENT_CONTAINER how do I pass it?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should not access UI element instances inside action handlers, so a parameter that contains the enclosing container makes no sense to me.

What do you want to achieve?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a page that dynamically generates Transparent Containers. Each container has a drop down by key element.

When a user clicks on this element I need to have a reference to a transparent container that has this drow down.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another interpretation could be as follows:

When I create a UI element I want to assign a unique ID to it. Later, when a user clicks on it I want to get that ID (in action handler). Once I have it I need to get a parent of this element.

Thank you.