cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Copy options - Need advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a question about version copy options in APO.

We have a situation where 000 is shared by two businesses with their own set of master data. One of the businesses uses a similation version X to do their planning and use a custom program to copy planned orders from X back into the live version 000.

Due to some human error, we have a situation where X has a copy of the 000 for one business but doesnt have accurate numbers in the 000 itself (RLCDEL was run after 000 was copied into the simulation version X)

I have to find a way to copy back X into 000 WITHOUT deleting current contents of the 000 for the other business.

The report /SAPAPO/VERSION_COPY_PAR deletes everything in the target version before copying from the source.

Is there a way to selectively copy orders from one version to the other without deleting other data?

Thanks,

Usman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

Due to system error, my answer for different post came into your thread.

Please ignore it,

Regarding your query, the program version_copy_par is the sap std

functionality given for copying version data. I would suggest create a

custom program using copy of this programme and you can test it.

Before executing in production environment, first test it in testing

environment and then do it in production which will avoid you loss

of business data.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so, sap does not have a report to copy version without wiping out the existing transaction data? so we need to create our own?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Senthil, but we are using scm5.0 and the version_copy program was made obsolete and a new program version_copy_par is now used. This program wipes out the whole of target planning version in the first step before copying data fromthe source, so it doesnt work for my requirements. Unless theres a workaround I'm not aware of. Doing what you said would completely delete our 000 versionmeaning we'll lose data for both businesses. And I'll probably lose my job too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you not do this using TSCOPY and not deleting the Planning version values. You may have to map the key figures though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

In transaction /SAPAPO/VERCOP, if you select copy scope as "copy master

data and transaction data" and restrict your copy details by providng

the filter criteria with the following, you can do it.

1) DP or SNP

2) Order Data

3) Order stock

4) Order cateogy

5) Product

6) Location

7) Plannerwise

😎 Period etc.,

In this case, it deletes only the entries you have deleted from target version

and copy the new data

Please confirm whether it works for you

Regards