cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist for High-Performance WDA Programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i have a question which I could not solve by online help or threads, maybe because i am not so comfortable with all the technical terms and that stuff.

I am developing a complex WD4A applicaiton.

It has already 30 unique views and i will need at least 20 more

I use already 17 different ALVs, 3 self developed search helps and 3 select-.options so I have round about 23 components declared in my WebDynpro (which are loaded at beginning, right?)

I now read that I maybe should split my application in different parts, each as a separate WD component for performance reasons. But I dont know how. The application has 3 main scopes. Thats a point of beginning.

But my questions are:

How can I "link" the different components into my "main"-component when required? (the main component has logo and general functions and needs also to call the "to-be-linked" component)

How can I communicate between the "linked" component and the "main component"?

E.g. the main component contains a line which shows where exactly the user is (necessary with 30 different views). I need to disable certain buttons of the "main"-component because they must not be clicked...

Is there also a good SAP example application? Or one of you guys wrote a guide for that?

Any hints or just recommendations whether I should or dont need to split my application are very much appreciated.

Any other performance hints are appreciated as well.

Regards,

Hendrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should start by studying the SAP Floorplan Manager. It is a framework provided by SAP (and used heavily in our standard applications) that helps with the design and assmebly of such large complicated applications. You use a standard SAP application as the "main" component of your application. Via Component Configuration you setup which of your components you want embedded within this SAP FPM Component. There are also APIs for dynamic embedding.

You can share data between the different components in different ways. A single shared assistance class is one way. In FPM there is also the concept of a shared data component. The context is then bound cross-component to the inner components that need to share the same data.

There is a lot more to the FPM, but rather than repeating everything that has already been documented, I suggest that you start by studing what has already been written about FPM.

[original link is broken]

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90f3cfd2-46d0-2b10-b3ab-eabf3452...

Answers (0)