cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View in View container

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I am creating employee form where there are two views created.

1) First View is showing an employee ID label and input field, with two buttons ADD AND DISPLAY.

2) After entering the emp ID and clicking on Display >>>will open the second view.

But I want even the first view should remain active while second view (with all details of First name,last name and rest) is being displayed.

So i added the view container and embeded the second view in the view container. In other words, the first view with emp ID shows and after click on display below the first view... another view shows with all First name,last name etc details but the first view remains active as well.

How should I call the view container. Does this needs to be done in wdmodifyview, or via plugs to be created.

Regards

SP

Edited by: Shakti Parwanda on Aug 24, 2009 7:24 PM

Edited by: Shakti Parwanda on Aug 24, 2009 7:26 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need of plugs.... Just hide the view container using the Attribute and make it visible when display is clicked, For thsi create an attribute type boolean and bind this aatribute to the visible property of the ViewContainer. Now to hide pass abap_false and to unhide -> abap_true. Hope this helps! Regards, Radhika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Radhika it solved my issue

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SP,

I think in this scenario there is no need of creating two views.In a single view alone on clicking the 'Display' button you set a flag

and in WDDOMODIFYVIEW method you can make the UI element where you are displaying the other details 'visible' by using the

syntax below:

lv_trp->set_visible( CL_WD_TRANSPARENT_CONTAINER=>E_VISIBLE-VISIBLE ).

Note:Initially the 'visible' property of the UI element should be set to none.

Regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakti Parwanda,

When you will embeded a view or table in view container

it will set default automaticly. You will embeded a lot of view.

But you must set default one view. If you want to be send data,

you will be use global context or outbound plugs parameters.

Maybe you can try this.

Regards,

Izzeddin YILMAZ