Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Invoice Vs Draft

I have been trying for several days to create an invoice as a draft and have not had any luck. I decided to switch gears and just try to add the invoice and once I figured out what the data was supposed to look like that I needed to pass in, I had it working in a matter of minutes. So feeling triumphant, I went back and tried the draft again using the same formatted data. It failed. One thing I noticed was when I was getting errors on the invoice is, I was actually getting error descriptions along with the error code but with the draft, all I get is the number with a - in the description field and it's always been a 5002 error.

What are the major differences between the code for invoice and draft? (I have been using the sample code from the SDK Help and modifying the data values where needed. ie. cardcode, etc.) The obvious one is that you have to specify the draft.DocObjectCode to which type of document the draft is. Is there anything else?

I'm at a loss but at least I know I can add invoices. That's a start. If anyone has any ideas or can point to a source of information, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Rhonda

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question