cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESR - Simplest way to access information?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning. I'm looking for some basic advice to back up what I've been reading in the documentation I've come across on the SDN site. Any information is appreciated.

We have an ECC6 system installed and will be upgrading to EHP4 in the next couple of months. We currently can't access enterprise services for our own system because we don't have the services registry installed anywhere. Our current goal is to be able to use the existing delivered enterprise services delivered by SAP and not to create or modify anything at this time.

I've read you can get access to the services registry by having a PI system or installing the Composition Environment. We don't really have a need for a PI system right now so installing the CE would seem like the logical choice.

Is there another way to get access to the delivered enterprised services without installing anything else or is the CE the only real option for us?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the services already delivered in ERP system. Goto transaction SICF and see under tree:

SAP->BC->SRT->XIP->SAP

Here you can see all services delivered by SAP with your current Ehp. Activate respective services and use them.

You need CE for following purpose: ESR and SR but still you can use your services without SR. WSDL of these services is something like:

http://host:port/sap/bc/srt/xip/sap/<servicename in SICF>?wsdl

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gourav,

Thank you very much for the information; I like the idea of not having to install anything.

I followed the menu path in SICF to see what is available. There are very few items listed at the moment (a total of 22, possibly because we have not installed any enhancement packs yet). I've created several web services in our system so activating these items should be relatively simple. Is there anywhere I can confirm if this is all that is delivered in ECC6 without any enhancement packs? Otherwise I could just wait to see what shows up when we start our upgrade process.

-Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On ES workplace you can look for services delivered with ECC with respective Ehp. I remember reading that with Ehp4 SAP delivered almost 3000 services.

CE and PI significantly add productivity but you can live without them but still it is adviced to have CE atleast for proper and effective SOA environment.

Also look under other paths on one 2 level up (like RFC etc) as what I told you is most suited since Ehp3. Certain capabilties were simply not available in plain ECC.

Regards,

Gourav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem was on our side. We had not loaded the entire EHP info so the web services did not come in. The info exists in the tree strucutre mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have updated our sandbox system to EHP3 (we had problems getting to EHP4 because of the changes to Solution Manager). I do see some extra web services in the sections noted above, but only about 20 of them. I was expecting more to be imported.

Should I be looking somewhere else in SICF?

Thanks,

Jonathan