Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different number ranges for shopping carts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are on SRM 4.0 Extended classic, One instance

Users from US & Asia needs to create shopping carts with different number ranges.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

yes this is possible.

to define different number ranges, you can use BADI BBP_SC_TRANSFER_BE, method GROUP_RQ to create a separate grouping for purchase requisitions.

In the standard, the system creates only one purchase requisition in the backend for all purchase requisitions with the same backend document type . If the document types are different, the standard creates a separate purchase requisition for each document type.

Independent of the standard, you can use the method GET_NUMBER_OR_RANGE to override the determination of the number range object and the number assignment for the following document types:

- Purchase orders

- Purchase requisitions

- Reservations

Look at documentation of BADI BBP_SC_TRANSFER_BE.

Rgds

Christophe

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

As far as i have understood Sunil question, it as about SC number range and not follow-on doc range

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok !!

Thanks Yann.

Sunil,

in that case, during SC creation (i.e. where SC ID is generated), the FM BBP_PD_SC_CREATE is called with a minimum of header data. BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI is called just before the standard programs.

So use this BADI to initialize the SC number range (based on your own number ranges logic).

Then during document creation, the system won't try to generate a SC ID. But in that case, it will consider this SC ID as an "external" number. So it will check that this ID belongs to the external number range assigned to SC transaction type.

So in your number range logic, you must use SC external number range.

If you have only 2 countries, you could use standard nb for one country, and external number for 2nd country (with a custom number range object to increment the SC ID).

If you want to be more flexible and add more countries, then define a wide external number range that includes all the country "sub number ranges", assign it to SC transaction type as external nb range.

And create a custom number range object per country (ex: ZSC<country code>), that you can call in the BADI depending on the user's country.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Christophe! I have awarded points.

I will keep you guys updated about this.

Kind retards,

Sunil Pendse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

do you have an example of the code that must be implemented in GET_NUMBER_OR_RANGE method to assign differents number ranges?

I'm not sure about how it must be inform CV_NUMBER_RANGE and CV_NUMBER.

Thx,

Su

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

As far a si know, it is not possible.

Why do you need this ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer want to have different number ranges for users from another geography as compaired to say US.

But in SRM there is only one transaction type hence is this possible or not?

Thanks

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

No.i don't think it is possible.

There are maybe other ways to achieve what you want.

For example, to reuse a CRM attribute called "country" and use it for BBP scenario.

You can then filter or report based on the attribute value.

Or you can create a new attribute "Geography" to store different value for different users and od filter and report as well.

Kind regards,

Yann