cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how come inspection points with DESTRUCTIVE MICs don't affect sample size?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i have a case i tried on IDES and i need an explanation for it if you can.

@ the beginning we have an in-process inspection with inspection points and non-destructive MICs, the interval of 10 mins (of the inspection point) generated 3 inspections, and my sampling procedure led to a sample size of 1 PC, in the inspection lot display the sample size is "1", which is normal and i understand this.

here comes the problem

we will change one of the MICs and make it destructive. Now we have our 3 inspections. The normal logic says that I'm having 3 inspections and there is on of the MICs DESTRUCTIVE, therefore I'm must get 3 samples, one for each inspection, which means that when we check the sample size in the inspection lot we must get a size of 3, but when i tried this i got a size of 1 again....and this is not logical because my sample will be destructed in the first inspection so how can I carry on the remaining 2 inspections ???

so i need to know how come I'm getting a size of 1 and is that right or wrong ???

i hope i made it clear and wish you can help

Regards,

Mahmoud Osama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think check your sampling procedure or

Try to do this : add both additive and destructibve MIC.

Cheeers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

i tried your solution but i didn't reach the result i want to see.

i need to know are my expectations right or wrong?

what i mean, is SAP designed that the application of inspection points with the presence if destructive sample, affects the sample size calculation or not?

Regards,

Mahmoud Osama

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi give some more details like

inspection lot qty or your production order/ process order qty

sampling procedure

if sample drwaing --

all details we need

then only ,can guide u

thanks

sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q,.is SAP designed that the application of inspection points with the presence if destructive sample, affects the sample size calculation or not.

Ans : YES if your sample is destructive it is dedecting the qty, form your total lot size. it is mostlly applicable in Pharam industries for more dtail pl revert.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmoud,

I hope ur trying for destructive testing sample for inprocess inspecion ? are u doing operation confirmation quality if not then i thing what ur trying is not possible as through inprocess inspection stock posting is not possible.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

i'm sorry i don't understand what do you mean by operation confirmation quality ???

and about stock posting, i know as you said that it is not possible with in-process inspection, as the lot is not stock relevant, but whether it is stock relevant or not has nothing to do with the sample size calculation, my problem is that the logic says that i must get 3 samples because with each inspection i'll destruct my sample, but SAP calculations give only one sample !!!!

i hope you can help with that, thanks for you concern.

Regards,

Mahmoud Osama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is lot size?

if it is one then your sample size can't be more than

thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is lot size?

if it is one then your sample size can't be more than

thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sami

the lot size is not one, and whatever the lot size is, doesn't matter as long as it is more than 3 (3 is the sample size I'm expecting) and I'm not applying sampling schemes, so the sample size of 1 is not a normal result !!! it is valid in case I'm not having inspection points, but I'm assuming that it must be 3 if i applied inspection points, hope you have a solution.

Regards,

Mahmoud Osama