cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What type of data can be consolidated through transformation?

Can we use transformation for the following scenario?

1) XXX Co > XXX Company (WANT TO MERGE INTO 1)

2) B.S.N.L. > Bharat Sanchar Nigham Limited > Bharat Sanchar Nigham Ltd (WANT TO MERGE INTO 1)

1) If the above types of entry are exists in Repository can we mark them as a duplicate and merge them via transformation, rule and strategy?

IF YES THEN HOW TO CREATE TRANSFORMATION.

I have put MNC under ' FROM' and 'Multinational Company' under 'TO' (UnderTransformation tab).

In My repository data are XXX Co AND XXX Company

After matching result is showing as 'NONE'

2) During creation of rule based on which we have to giv the success , failure and undefined values ?

Can we give any value like success as 100 and failue as -50 etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shalini

This is possible using transformations.

Assuming that these values are for the fields "Name" then define the transformations as required for the field NAME and dont forget to select the tick box against the transformation entry.

After doing this in the record preview you should see that the transformations are working correctly. You can see this in the transformations tab only in matching mode.

Next define a rule on the field NAME[Xfm] with success and failure scores: 100 and -50 in your case and include them as part of the matching strategy.

run the matching strategy for finding duplicates and this should be done on transformed values of the NAME field for the records.

best regards

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi Thanks for reply. Actually whatever you said I have done earlier also.

But I have done a mistake in creation of rule., That's why it's not appearing.

Now the problem is resolved