Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Unable to replicate both Numeric and alpha numeric vendors records from R3

Dear all,

In our ECC 5 environment, we have some vendors who master record numbers that are numeric internally assigned i.e 7000000 or 23000000 and some alphanumeric externally assigned i.e SmallBusiness1 or Grinad10. This is posible as you may know via vendor account groups.

We have implemented a classic scenario in SRM 4, Server 5 environment, therefore we need to replicate ECC backend vendors masters. We initally set SAP's AB business Partner (vendors) number range in SRM to A - zzzzzzzz and created numeric number ranges to match thoes set up for all our vendors in ECC.

When we ran BBPGETVD only the alpha numeric vendors records replicated down to SRM. The numeric were ingnored. The BBPGETVD t-code was reporting that the other vendors had incorrect data.

We then chnaged the AB Business Partner (vendor)number range to 000000001 - 999999999 and ran BBPGETVD. Only then did the numeric vendors get replicated down to SRM. But the issue is now, I cannot replicate the alpha numeric with out chaanging the number range back to A - zzzzzzzzz.

Question,

How can I set the Business Partner(Vendor) number range in SRM to anable the replication of both Numeric and Alpha numeric assigned vendor records down to SRM.

Thanks,

Grace

Former Member
replied

Great !!!

I am happy that this could finally solve your issue and that your system is now stable.

You will have to check that the remaining internal number range will be wide enough for internal BUPA (depending on how many users & org ids you will generate in your system).

Now, you just have to reward points ))

Rgds

Christophe

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question