cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to replicate both Numeric and alpha numeric vendors records from R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In our ECC 5 environment, we have some vendors who master record numbers that are numeric internally assigned i.e 7000000 or 23000000 and some alphanumeric externally assigned i.e SmallBusiness1 or Grinad10. This is posible as you may know via vendor account groups.

We have implemented a classic scenario in SRM 4, Server 5 environment, therefore we need to replicate ECC backend vendors masters. We initally set SAP's AB business Partner (vendors) number range in SRM to A - zzzzzzzz and created numeric number ranges to match thoes set up for all our vendors in ECC.

When we ran BBPGETVD only the alpha numeric vendors records replicated down to SRM. The numeric were ingnored. The BBPGETVD t-code was reporting that the other vendors had incorrect data.

We then chnaged the AB Business Partner (vendor)number range to 000000001 - 999999999 and ran BBPGETVD. Only then did the numeric vendors get replicated down to SRM. But the issue is now, I cannot replicate the alpha numeric with out chaanging the number range back to A - zzzzzzzzz.

Question,

How can I set the Business Partner(Vendor) number range in SRM to anable the replication of both Numeric and Alpha numeric assigned vendor records down to SRM.

Thanks,

Grace

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grace,

what is your SRM internal BP number range ? (default is 0000000001 - 1999999999) and actual number ?

What are your R/3 vendor numeric number ranges ?

SRM "consumes" internal BP numbers mainly when creating org Ids and users (and vendors when using internal nb range).

For BP external number range, you could change from

"A - zzzzzzzz" to "2000000000-ZZZZZZZZZZ".

There cannot be any overlap, so you need to make internal & external BP cohabit.

The only option you have is to "minimize" the internal number range (ex: 0000000001 - 0000199999) to free some numbers for external ones.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

Our BP external number range in SRM is A - zzzzzzzz. Since we have a classic implementation we, do not have/need an internal BP number range.

In the R3 system we have 5 numeric number ranges for 5 vendor account groups which fall between 002000000 - 99999999. We also have an alpha numeric range A - zzzzzzz for our externally assigned vendor numbers for 2 account groups.

I will try your suggestion of using a number range A - zzzzzzzz" to "2000000000-ZZZZZZZZZZ". Since we do not create any internal vendors, there is no risk of an overlapp. I will then create one numeric and an alphanumeric vendor and run BBPGETVD.

I will let you know how I get on tommorrow.

Thanks for your advise.

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Grace,

BP are not used only for vendors.

you DO have an internal number range for Business Partner in SRM, assign to BP internal grouping 0001, otherwise you could not even start creating users or org IDs in SRM.

When creating org IDs or users in org structure, the system is creating some BP, with different roles, and is using for this the internal number range.

The problem is to make those "SRM" BP coexist with BP created from replicated vendors, using a common numbering.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

I understand what you are saying about BPs and number ranges now.

I guess for us, changing the default internal number range 0000000001 - 1999999999 to your suggested range 0000000001 - 0000199999 should not cause us a problem. As I said in my previous response to you , I will follow your advise also the set the external number range for BP to 2000000000-ZZZZZZZZZZ and replicate both numeric & non numeric vendor records.

Should the internal BP number range be set outside the number ranges for Shopping carts, POs, Reqs and Reservations? This is our number ranges atr the moment. Can you please advise if setting the BP number range to 0000000001 - 1999999999 will not conflict/overlap with these?

Carts - 0100000000 0199999999

REQ - 0020000000 0029999999

PO - 9000000000 9099999999

RS - 0030000000 0039999999

Thanks.

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

Good luck, there is no relations between different number range objects !! Otherwise, what a mess !!

For one number range objet (ex: Business partner), you can define as many number ranges as you want, until there is no overlap.

For BP, what we need is one internal number range for BP created in SRM (org Ids, user BPs), and one ext number range to keep R/3 numbering for replicated R/3 vendor.

If you change internal number range to 0000000001 - 0000199999.

You can use the rest for external nb range, so:

0000200000-ZZZZZZZZZ.

The goal is to cover your R/3 vendor number ranges with this external range.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

PLEASE HELP I HAVE AN URGENT ISSUE NOW!!!

On the subject of setting back the internal BP number range, does SRM expect it to be set for example to:

01 0000000001 - 0000999999?

Should the grouping for this internal number range be also ways set to 0001. Iam refernceing the settings in our sandbox client, they seam to be set up that way.

If its set to say 0003, will this cause a problem?

Because we have set all our BP ranges to external, any ORG unit, USER or position that we created after we "removed" the internal number range does appear to be working.

I have noticed this. when I login as a new user and try to create a shopping cart, tthe product category drop down does not work on the "new user".

If I go in the BP transaction and search for this new user or new unit org units that where created after the removal of the internal number range nothing is found!. The last internal BP number is 105.

Question.

If I set the internal number range back to

01 0000000001 - 0000099999 and set the current number to 106, then delete and recreate the org units, do you think this will work?

Please help I need to get this issue sorted out because as you said no new org unit/user can be setup.

Thanks Again.

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

who told you to delete the internal BP number range ?

I though I was clear enough by explaining you that it was used for org units and users (and vendors not using R/3 numbering), and that without it you could not even create users or org units.

So you MUST keep an internal nb range, and assign it in BP grouping (the 001 or 003 does not care, the flag "internal" or "external" does).

For org units, you dont need to recreate them, but to run CRM/BBP_OM_BP_INTEGRATE, this will create the BP.

Anyhow, everything wil work fine if you recreate this internal BP nb range.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

Just to let you know, that I have now resolved both my problems following your advise.

I recreated the internal BP number range 0000000001 - 0000199999 & created a number range for external vendors and set the number range to 2000000000

Ran the intergation transaction. All my BP are fully intergrated and can also create new ORG units & Users in the ORG plan.

Furthermore. I can now replicate both Numeric & Alphanumeric number vendors from the backend system at the same time.

Thnaks for all your assistance.

Grace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great !!!

I am happy that this could finally solve your issue and that your system is now stable.

You will have to check that the remaining internal number range will be wide enough for internal BUPA (depending on how many users & org ids you will generate in your system).

Now, you just have to reward points ))

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

Yes, You definately deserve maximum points. I have just rewarded you. Maybe you can look at my laste post (problem) and advise me on how to get my shopping cart transferred accross to R3.

Thanks,

Grace

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi grace,

I have now tested it and replication works if you switch "Standard Grouping for External Number Assignment" from numeric to alphanumeric.

in other words, you have to replicate in 2 steps:

1- go to your configuration point "Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges" and change the "standard external" by selecting first the numeric range

2- BBPGETVD

3- go to your configuration point "Define Groupings and Assign Number Ranges" and change the "standard external" by selecting now the alphanumeric range

4- BBPGETVD

I now have in my system :

numeric as well as alphanumeric vendors )

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann,

Grace already did it in this way (2 BBPGETVD with 2 different number ranges) to replicate numeric and alphanumeric vendors.

But I think Grace is searching a real solution, where you get all vendors at the same time, running only once the BBPGETVD, and also for vendor synchronisation job: for this job, you won't change the number range every day to replicate new vendors....

Rgds

Christophe

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Grace,

I have never tested it but you can define several external BP grouping in SRM.

Each of these BP grouping can refer to an external number range (numeric and alphanumeric can be mixed).

Did you test it already ?

Kind regards,

Yann

Message was edited by: Yann Bouillut