Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to fetch string.xml file from sql server to pi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

This an synchronous scenario JDBC to RFC

FROM JDBC WE HAVE TO FETCH AN STRING.XML FILE USING JDBC ADAPTER AND PASS TO RFC...AND MAP THE RESPONSE BACK???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

thats what i was also thinking that we are going to use file adapter to pick the file from the table and drop in an directory..then we would use and file adapter to pick the file from the directory and send the request message to ECC using RFC and map the response back to SQL SERVER using JDBC adapter....But i was thinking how to reduce complexity of this scenario????

If any suggestions plz help...

Thanks in advance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

What I can understand is -

1. Your SQL Server will run a query to extract data and run a script to create a file. This file will be stored in a specific directory on the SQL Server and you will be using File adapter to pick it up.

2. You will send the file data to the ECC system, using RFC.

3. You will get a response back from ECC system, which you will be sending to SQL Server using JDBC adapter.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I guess, this is a good way of designing the scenario (with the limitations that you have), but there is of course a better way of doing it.

Can't you extract the data directly from the SQL Server? Means, why the source system is creating a file? Is there a business need?

and also can we by pass the esr part by simply taking the file and directly dropping in the target directory by configuring only the Integration builder.?..

You can by-pass the ESR MM and IM but you will be required to create the DT,MT and MI and rest of the configurations in ID.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Aug 24, 2009 11:13 AM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

and also can we by pass the esr part by simply taking the file and directly dropping in the target directory by configuring only the Integration builder.?..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anurag for prompt reply....

Well we have been told that the in sql table legacy application is putting its string xml files ,and for which we have to integrate to ecc through rfc adapter as inbound and jdbc adapter as outbound......

this what all information i have.....plz ask if any more clarification is needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

What do you mean by - FROM JDBC WE HAVE TO FETCH AN STRING.XML FILE USING JDBC ADAPTER ???

When you are using a JDBC adapter, then how come you are thinking to pick a file?

Could you please explain the design and what exactly is your requirement?

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

JDBC Adapter works on SQL Query concept but can't work as File Adapter to pick up xml or text files from Oracle

server.

It conncets to these servers and fires SQL queries to read or update DB through JDBC Adapter.

Why do u need to pick up the xml file from sql server.

Please explain your scenario more in detail.

Regards,

Anurag Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

for example we are getting this king of xml file in the db table..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:Characteristics xmlns:ns0="http://sap.com/pi/epms/p2p/if0022_ChChangeBatch/100">

<Header>

<Id>1234</Id>

</Header>

<Item>

<Characteristics1>111</Characteristics1>

<Characteristicsvalue1>2222</Characteristicsvalue1>

<Characteristics2>3333</Characteristics2>

<Characteristicsvalue2>4444</Characteristicsvalue2>

</Item>

</ns0:Characteristics>