cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC to SOAP synchronous scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an IDOC to SOAP synchronous scenario in which IDOCs are sent to SOAP by calling a service and then SOAP sends a response back to XI . The response is not sent to SAP- R3. Please suggest on this

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same requirement in my scenarios and for all IDOC scenarios we have used BPM. The steps included are

Receive > Send >

switch ( where we check if the response code returned is proper ) if yes ok if not raise a exception.

Control to send an alert.

This has been working fine for last 2 years+ never gave a problem with execution but always throwed exception on faulty return codes..

Cheers,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

You need to open the Async/Sync bridge in the BPM to get the response back from the SOAP.

Refer to this link -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/43/6211331c895f6ce10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Let us know if you have more queries.

Regards,

Neetesh

prasannakrishna_mynam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

IDOC is Asyn, in order to get the response from the SOAP, you need to add standard adapter at IDOC sender communication channel, Refer the below discussion where the similar issue got resolve and the link to exmple scenario is provided

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In the BPM you will be having a SYNC send step ( where i/p is given to webservice and you will get the o/p from the webservice ) Now map this o/p ie, response to the ALEAUDIT or the same IDOC you are using .

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Create a transformation in the BPM , map the response from the SOAP to the IDOC with you have used or else use the ALEAUDIT or Both using multimapping

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Any useful blog on this . As what I found were sending data back to SAP which is not my case.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vishal,

May i know why do you need response bacl from webservice?

If you are not sending anything back to sender system, there is no meaning of having BPM or Synchrnous in PI. If this is only to know whether messages are processed by webservoice or not, i would like to go ahead with SOAP adapter default functionality.

By default, SOAP adapter expects HTTP 200 response back from webservice. It means that web service processed teh PI request successfully. If webservice sends other than HTTP 200 response, the receiver communication channel status will be in red with error. It tries to re deliver teh messages 3 times in span of 5 mins and if it is not suceeeded, the status of the message will be go to "System Error" status in adapter engine.

I have implemented this in coulple of business critical interface and everything works fine. Please let me know if you need any more information on this.

Thanks

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Thanks for your good justification.

Here I have also replicated same kind of scenario and having same kind of issue.

One thing just wanted to confirm - Even though SOAP adapter expects HTTP 200 response back from webservice, still SOAP channel is getting into red with following , and as we have Alert configured ...Alert mail also receiving as part of Error only. So How can we avoid that response ? Is there have any parameter to handle or suppress the response back?

Thanks!

Goutam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This one is Async/sync bridge for IDOC to SOAP scenario. you must use the BPM to handle the response of SOAP, else it will give you the error in SXMB_MONI.

Also IDOC is Async by default, so if you need to pass the response back to SAP then pass it with another IDOC or supress it in PI only.

PS Note : Refer SAP help for Async/sync bridge.

thanks

Swarup