cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dummy Sales Order

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is creation of dummy sales order for the sole purpose of credit monitoring, a good practise? Is there anyone who had used this to acheive your credit monitoring requirements?

Your response is much appreciated

Thanks,

Asokan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IMHO there should be NO dummy documents of any nature in Production environment. Your requirements most likely could be achieved by custom programming, in the worst case. Or perhaps a business process change is in order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not the process to be followed to moniter the credit process of a customer.

Moreover dummy means nothing, when you create sales order and which is not useful for further processing, what is the relavence of creating a dummy sales order.

Regards,

Ravi Diggirala

Edited by: ravi duggirala on Aug 24, 2009 2:58 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

When I create dummy sales order, the credit exposure value will be updated. I choose this route because the requirement is as follows:

i) The actual order value or the invoice value should not be considered for credit monitoring purposes.

ii) Payments ahould be excluded from the credit management processes.

iii) This independent security value should expire on every 15th of the month, irrespective of any payments being made or not.

Please let me know if my question makes sense now or not. If you have any other ideas, you are most welcome.

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Asokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand your requirement correctly, "you want to exclude some orders to credit explosure"

then, you can use Sales document type as "BV=Cash sale" and process the document which meets your requirement.

If your client doen't except the solution, you need to do the following.

Create new sales document type by not maintaing the credit group in the settings.

Create new item category by maintaing the credit active field as Blank.

Complete item category determination settings for the above new combination.

Now go ahead with sales order creation, it works for you.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You are partly right. I need to exclude the sales order value and its payment from the credit exposure updating.

But the user has to place in a security amount (Which is different from the order value) for that sales anyway. This amount should update the credit exposure.

I thought I can do it by creating dummy sales order, whose purpose is to only update the credit exposure.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks again

Asokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asokan,

This is a really bad idea, it is not good to create dummy documents in SAP. Remember, your dummy order will increase your order intake, which inturn will provide false reporting to your management!!! The consequenses are far reaching.

Please consider changing the business process to match SAP's good-business-practices.