cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.mdf and .ndf files are not getting modified since last one month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In our DEV server the .mdf and .ndf files in DEVDATA1 , DEVDATA2 and DEVDATA3 are not getting modified since last one month bt the users are working on DEV server everyday.Do anybody know abt tht why the .mdf and .ndf files are not getting modified.plz suggest me.

Regards

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> In our DEV server the .mdf and .ndf files in DEVDATA1 , DEVDATA2 and DEVDATA3 are not getting modified since last one month bt the users are working on DEV server everyday.Do anybody know abt tht why the .mdf and .ndf files are not getting modified.plz suggest me.

Those are the database files, they get only modified if they are changed. If the data within the files is being worked, they are not changed.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bt in my PRD server they are modified to current date.and the users are working on both DEV and PRD system daily.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They may be changed because autogrow is enabled and spaces was needed.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Auto grow is also enabled in DEV server.bt DEVDATA1.mdf and DEVDATA2.ndf files are not getting modified. so plz help me whts the reason behind this,why its not getting modified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just like Markus said, you need to modify the datafile itself not the content of the datafile. Why don't just grow one datafile manually (1 GB or something like that) and you will see that it gets changed. Production usually grows a lot faster than DEV.

Sven

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reason is, that there is enough freespace in the database so it doesn't need to grow.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Something similar happened after I had to restore because of a space problem with my log files. The DB data files were recreated as DEV, DEV_1, and DEV_2 .mdf files. The DEVDATA files sill exist but the new DEV* files were the ones showing the date changes.

Answers (0)