cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local logical system is not defined-Maintenance Optimizer Config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to configure Maintenance Optimizer in SAP Solution Manager 7, it gives me an error saying "Local logical system is not defined"

But I have created a Logical client using SCC4.

And the other thing is for this created client, does not have any users on this client, If I run,

SQL> select bname, UFKLAG from sapsr3.usr02 where mandt='400';

Answer is "no rows selected"

So I cannot even login in to my new client as well. I tried with SAP/PASS no use. I tried to re-set sap by deleteing it nothing helped.

my login/no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter also have 0 (But this is in Red, I dont know why its like that)

Please help me to rectify both these issues. Issue with Maintenance Optimizer and loggin in to the new client.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, 'Logical System' and 'Logical Client' are two different things.

For Client Problem:

You did create a client in SCC4.

1. did you create a logical system via BD54 and then did you assign that logical system to this newly created client ?

2. did you perform a local client copy to put data into this new client from an old or from a standard client like 000 ?

If you didn't perform above two things, then please do. Only then, you will be able to see some data in this client and will be able to to select statements, And, obviously the SAP*/PASS login (login/no_automatic_user_sapstar should be 0 after reactivation of profile and restart of the instance)

For MOpz issue:

Could you please search in sap marketplace for any particular note specific to MOpz ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Did you create a logical system via BD54 and then did you assign that logical system to this newly created client ?

Yes I have done this.

2. Did you perform a local client copy to put data into this new client from an old or from a standard client like 000 ?

To do this isn't that I have to login to my Target client (400 - which I'm going to copy client 000) To login to 400 client I think I need to set "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar " to 0 to get sap* active which I did through RZ10, and then I restared the app server.

Then I tried to login, No anwer

Then I viewed that parameter through RZ11 it shows value as 1.

What do I do? Please help.

Edited by: thanuras on Aug 25, 2009 2:20 PM

Edited by: thanuras on Aug 25, 2009 2:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to 'activate' the instance profile profile before sap restart.

Before SAP restart, just confirm the value first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need to 'activate' the instance profile profile before sap restart.

Before SAP restart, just confirm the value first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did activate the profile, and restart the instence after that. Evn in <SID>_DVEBMGS00_SOLMGR (Instance profile) which is at \uusr\sap\<SID>\SYS\Profile contails the valur 0 for "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar" still I cannot login to my new client, and still in RZ11 shows the value 1.

Please help, I cant see a way out

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did activate the profile, and restart the instence after that. Evn in <SID>_DVEBMGS00_SOLMGR (Instance profile) which is at \uusr\sap\<SID>\SYS\Profile contails the valur 0 for "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar" still I cannot login to my new client, and still in RZ11 shows the value 1.

Please help, I cant see a way out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you change this value manually at os level or using t-code RZ10?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did change the value manually only once at the very initial stage, but after that I have edit the value through RZ10, and save it, and activate it through the same.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to the new client will work definitely once you give a restart to the instance. It happen sometime as your SAP instance is not able to sync up with your deletion of SAP* from db level.

Rgds,

Mahesh