cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to execute Job B daily automatically after completion of Job A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There are two jobs: Job A and Job B. Job B always has to execute after Job A. Job A is a daily Job.

I tried to schedule Job B after Job A through transaction SM36. But, daily I manually have to schedule Job B. How can I execute Job B daily automatically after completion of Job A?

Please probide me your inputs for the same

Thanks

Snehal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Snehal

Normally if we need two or more programs to run one after the other we set them up as separate steps in the same job.

That way the system will execute the first program and then move on to the next step when the first one finishes.

This is also set up in SM36 use the steps button.

Hope this helps

Allen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks , issue is solved.

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Thabnks for your reply.

But i have scheduled these jobs from SM36 only where I have mentioned the Job A in "After job" start condiation for Job B

But still i have seen that Job A is daily excuting as it is scheduled but Job B jas excuted only once and i have to mannualyy excute it .

Is there any way to solve this issue other than combining two steps in one job?

Thanks

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

The other way round, though a very crude one, is to know the approx duration the Job A runs.

Then add this duration to the start time of Job A plus some addtional Buffer time to arrive at Job B start time. This assumes that you have a set start time for Job A.

Cheers,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Ideally it should be done in SM36 as you have said. Please check if you have missed giving "Start Condition" for Job B. Here you can choose option of executing Job B after completion of "Job A" (After Job Button).

Cheers,

Sid