cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC setup in FPN model?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently have EP 7.01 (EHP) as our central portal and BI portal 7 which is currently not configured for any iViews or portal content, it's just used by BI developers to view reports from Bex designer. We are planning to make BI portal as producer portal and follow FPN(Federated Portal Network) approach.

We got Visual Composer (VC) developers wanting to use portal but they wanted CE 7.1 portal. The decision is to keep VC installed and developed in central portal EP 7.01 and do all VC development related to BI and deploy to Central portal, the reason is VC could be used for some other development than BI development in future.

Please clarify this, is it possible to configure VC (currently installed on EP7.01) to BI portal (EP 7.00)?

Is it possible to upgrade EP 7.01 to CE 7.1, is there a risk?

My understanding is that if BI portal should be used as a producer in FPN, VC should be installed on BI Portal and not central portal, please clarify?

How is VC used in FPN model?

Thanks

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I would recommend reading the [Visual Composer Veteran's Guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a00a2587-3139-2a10-28b6-860591aa6ec6]. It should highlight the main changes between the versions.

I know that there is a migration feature (from VC7.0) in VC EhP1 for NW 7.1 that should assist you with migration of models, but it does not migrate everything.

Regards,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi thanks for that link, it explains difference between EHP 7 and CE 7.1 visual composer.

Can we have consumer portal as EHP 7 and have BI portal as CE 7.1, can they interoperate with each other? I mean from point of, if BI developement is done in CE 7.1 and all depolyment is done in CE 7.1, can we create remote links from EHP 7 to CE 7.1 and have it centrally maintained in EHP 7 without any compatibility issue?

We have already done ESS/MSS customisation based on EHP 7 SP level, if we upgrade it to CE 7.1 then I'm sure there is going to be lot of issue. So wondering if we can maintain as two seperate systems with their different java stack operate under FPN?

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I'm sorry but my BI knowledge is very limited, all I can do is refer you to the following guides:

- [Modeling Composite Views Using BI Data Services|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/46/081ed5f8685875e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

- [Maintaining BI System Connections|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/7e/6dbcea3700452195e3bddaa47c5906/frameset.htm]

I hope it helps...

Udi

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

In a nutshell, yes you can do this. You can have your 7.1 VC applications running on your EP7 portal, using FPN or using Application integration iView (which is actually the preferred way).

Regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the info.

Praveen

Answers (0)