Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Form Settings Getting Cleared

Hi,

I have a requirement that I need to disable specific prompts on the Business Partner Form(134). I am using the following line for the appropriate events

oFrm.Items.Item(<Field to Disable>).Enabled = False

In Add mode I disable the prompts as soon as they leave the Code Prompt with et_VALIDATE. This works just fine

In Update Mode I set them on various events either the GOT_FOCUS or ITEM_PRESSED if they did something like a FIND. This also disables the promtps correctly.

I can click on any field and they stay disabled so it appeared everything was going good. But where it goes very wrong is as soon as I change a value on any field(either by typing a character, changing the value in a drop down) all of the prompts become enabled again.

Without having to check for some Key Pressed event and re-disabling these prompts each time(which is going to be very slow). Is there a better way to keep a prompt disabled no matter what is done on the form.

Thank you in Advance

Paul

replied

Hi Paul,

I tested it on 2005 (some older PL) and it worked without any issue...

...so I suppose what you report is some bug...

Anyway, if this is an option, you could send the item (+ the static text linked to it) to some pane level (e.g. 100) so that it is not displayed at all...

...or you could at least use XML in conjunction with LoadBatchActions to disbale the fields you want to through one call...

HTH,

Frank

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question