cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel management - problem with post a trip for an employee in India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configure travel management for a customer, in there SAP system. I have already made the configuration for countries like Sweden, Finland, Italy, Germany etc, but when I should do it for India I can not save a trip in PR05. I have copied the configuration (schema) from Sweden to India (India has no schema in standard) and that is no problem, but when I should enter a trip and save in PR05 I have the following problem:

1. It seems like I am in US because travelling country is per default USA (it should be India when I have linked the employee to the company code for India in transaction code PO13 and PA40). I can change the country to IN (India).

2. When I enter an expense type and amount, the system have a tax code for USA per default (I have configured that this expense type should choose a tax code in India but the system choose one for USA). I can change it to an Indian tax code.

3. The system also ask for a tax jurisdiction code on the row for expense type. Here I can choose 9999 as a dummy. But I have no idea why I have to specify that. I think that is typical for USA?

4. When I have changed the country to IN, the tax code to an indian tax code and specified the jurisdiction tax code to 9999 and then save I have got the following error message:

" Customization for 1600 j_1iindcus missing in table

Message no. 8I303" and when I have googled on that error message I found that I should go to:

IMG-Logistics General-Tax on Goods movement -India-Basic Settings-Maintain COmpany code settings

but that is according to logistics and everything else in the system as purchase etc is working fine with no problem with tax jurisdiction code so I don´t guess that I should change anything there if I destroy anything else.

5. If I change the country to IN and not register any trip expense but instead register trip segment, that the employee should have compensation for travelling with its own car and then save I have got the message that I have not maintained the currency USD/rupie which is a sign of that the systém beleives that we are in USA.

Please help. I have no idea how to come around this.

Best regards Lisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you maintained the "Global setting" in SPRO properly?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have maintain the global settings in the same way as for the other countries, so it´s not that.

Regards Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. It seems like I am in US because travelling country is per default USA (it should be India when I have linked the employee to the company code for India in transaction code PO13 and PA40). I can change the country to IN (India).

Could you check the dialog control for this? The default country field is maintained here. check this transaction

FITVFELD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

In transaction code FITVFELD I have IN as default country but if I change that country to another I still have US as trip country in PR05. In that transaction code (FITVFELD) I have domestic trip, international etc (like configuration in Sweden), but when I initialize a new trip for India I can not change trip type, if there is a domestic or international. When I do the same for Sweden I can choose so I wonder if the system get the information from USA from anywhere else.

I have also read about jurisdiction code and that is special for USA and Canada and then not for India?

Regards Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is now solved. When I assigned organizational areas to trip provision variants via Feature TRVCT I did not understand that I have to activate indian accounting (40) to India (40). I just saved but did not activated it so the system took US accounting per default. Now I can enter a trip in PR05, save and settle. I don´t have to specify a jurisdiction code.

Regards Lisa

Answers (0)