cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in display Value of range Description in ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have developed alv using oops concept cl_gui_alv_grid. I have a requirement to make one field of ztable to dropdown and add the description to the corresponding values .

for example: ztable-field1 has three value 1 , 2, 3 ..I am able to_ display this as dropdown using set drop_down display. now i user wants to see the description for these value like below

ztable -field1

1 current

2 past

3 future

how can i achive this . i browsed through SDN didnot found any help. any advice will be helpfull.

Thanks in advance

basavaraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Thanks for the reply. however the link does not provide info on my requirment . for user favor i have to dispaly the descriptions .

for example:

In the output of the alv I have a field with dropdown option the values for the dropdown field are 1 2 or 3 and user can change this value and save it to the table. but now user expects the meaning for these 1,2 or3 to make it more clear these should be displayed with the description 1 regular 2 temp 3 cancel so that it will be more meaningfull when user see the dropdown . i can achive this by F4 help but user wants only by dropdown option instead of a radiobutton .and this descrptions i have to fetch from the domain value range descrpton. please advice

Thanks in advance

basavaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Finally i got the idea to place descrption for value range fields.

please see below it may be usefull.

• for handle 2 value 1

MOVE: c_2 TO e_dropdown-handle,

'Regular' TO e_dropdown-value,

c_1 TO e_dropdown-INT_VALUE.

and need to pass the value X for the field e_fldcat- DRDN_ALIAS in the field catalog for the respective field .other wise the value will be dispalyed .

CALL METHOD c_alvgd->set_drop_down_table

EXPORTING

it_drop_down_alias = t_dropdown.

Thanks

basavaraj