cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to judge performance prob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have gone through ST03 , ST06 , ST02 , ST04 several times but never get any conclusion where is the prob .

what I have to check

Total cpu , avg. cpu time, total rep. time , avg. resp. time , Total db , avg db time

which bacground task is taking too much time ?

is the sytem is busy with rfc call ?

any transection taking too much cpu time but not taking too much db time .

how to measure the time just like a doctor check through bench mark ( like blook pressure measure between 80 to 120 )

what to check in ST02 ?

I think i am looking for threshhold value ?

suppose cpu time is 3200 ms . is it high cpu time or normal ?

very much confused about the performance .

Pl. advice .

any good docs , link , wiki , TIPS ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the SAP course TADM12_2-Workload analysis. This will give you an idea about how to carry out performance analysis. Also, set up RCA in your landscape. This will help you to determine the exact performance issue.

Rajeev

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look

Rajeev

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Use Transaction code STAD. Then with a particular selection criteria you can see the transaction code and its response time. If you want to know all the times like wait time, DB time, Roll-in time then double click on it.

Regards

ASADUZZAMAN

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonam, Have you configured EWA alerts for your system ?

That will help you in various ways from long running transactions to Abap dumps, expensive SQL statements.

Regards, Amber S

Former Member
0 Kudos

As long as no user complains and all jobs run ok, you are basically fine

But let me do an example, you have a user complaining that transaction X is running slow. Now you need to find out, what is taking the largest part of the response time. I often just monitor the workprocess in transaction SM50, constantly refreshing while the transaction is running. If you see the workprocess stuck on one single database table, you will have to look that up. If there are almost no database tables, this means most of the time is spent in abap code. You can also use transaction ST03 to figure out where the main part of the response time is spent.

Depending on this, you can do an SQL trace with ST05 (if the time spent is on the database), or a runtime analysis in SE30 to find which parts consume the most time. Or you use the debugger to capture a running transaction, often the place where you land is the part taking the most time.

Causes for high database times are often missing indexes, wrong database access (wrong cbo decision) or suboptimal coding.

Causes for high abap times are often nested loops, searching on unsorted lists etc.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonam,

Tcodes you mentioned will defintely help you to figure out the performance issues. It is very difficult without knowing your system configuration details what is the appropriate response time.

I would suggest you to check over a period of time like 2 -4 weeks to figure out more details on response time. You can check various components of response time and take appropriate action if one of the component is too high in ST03/ST03N.

Try to search sap response time in google or any other seach engines and you might get thousands of links.

Hope this helps.

Manoj