SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP F&R - Transfer of Consumption Data from BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to SAP Forecasting and replenishment module.

We are trying to load historical consumption data from SAP BW system to SAP Forecasting and replenishment system.

I have made below settings in SAP F & R:

In SAP F & R system, I did below settings in IMG:

Alternative Transfer of Consumption from BI - Activation: Manual Selection and Save

Alternative Transfer of Consumption from BI - Profile: Provided the name of source BW system, name of Infoprovider and other relevant fields.

Then I executed "Initial transfer of consumption from BI " from SAP Menu of F & R system for one particular site and material and calendar day range combination.

However after execution system replied with message:

"Nothing to process, BI not called".

Can anybody please advise me regarding where I am going wrong?

Thanks & Regards,

Nilima Rodrigues

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody please help on this?

Regards,

Nilima

0 Kudos

Hi Nilima,

do you really expect an answer within one hour?

If you are new in the F&R scenario I would highly recommend to go through the list of learning sessions that SAP offers for F&R, starting with the comprehensive workshops W26FRF (focus on Functions) and W26FRT (focus on technical stuff.) Please find the list of learning sessions together with a lot more documents in the BPX pages for Forecasting & Replenishment. Might be that you also find something about consumption upload from BI. Of course, the technical connection to the BI system must be set up before you can retrieve data, I guess that this is provided in your case.

Regards, Barbara

0 Kudos

Hi Barbara,

do you really expect an answer within one hour?

Well surely I didnt expect answer in one hour.However this case was quite essential for POSDM-F&R implementation and hence I have posted repeatedly on it.

Best Regards,

Nilima

0 Kudos

Hi Nilima,

Have you solved the issue about the initial load of consumption from POSDM?

Best regards,

David

0 Kudos

Hi Nilima,

Was this issue solved? Can you please let me know what was wrong. I am guess some RFC settings, but I am unable to figure it out.

Thanks,

Manoj

0 Kudos

Solved it, this error for me occured because of a bit of oversight during customising (yeah you can call it stupidty in plain English). This is what I had to do:

1. Please check the customising setting Forecasting & Replnishment -> Interfaces ->Alternative transfer of Consumption From BI - Profile.

2. Select the default profile (or the profile assigned to the location whose products' consumption you are trying to load: Look into /fre/mass_loc to find this profile).

3. Clikck on Details and Uncheck the "Do Not Transfer Consumption from BI" check box (there are only two check boxes and this is the first one. (common sense!!)

4. Save

Try Initial Transfer again, it should work.

Regards,

Manoj