cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECURRING INSPECTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I activated inspection type -09 recuring inspection in MM and in QM view inspection interval as 1 day. batch managemt is also followed. After 01 type result rec & Usage decision , I am not geting recurring lots in QA32 every day. any further settings needed for 09-recurring inspn. Is it needed that 09 to be preferred inpsn type in material master-> qm view.

Also tell me various scenarios where 09- types used in QM.

thanks

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks to you.

CSN,

If the stock is expired then the status of the batch will be changed from unrestricted use to batch restricted

If in restricted use, is it same as quality stock or the restricted stock moves to quality stock by selecting the second option in QA05 as you mention. Any difference between restricted stock & unrestricted stock.

Shyamal, will you tell creating the layout for recurring inspection lot creation details --> in which t-code it is there,how to create layout. If needed I can post a separete thread also.

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The stock will be in unrestricted stock but the status of the batch will be restricted.

In MSC2N as per the customization(OMCS Transaction) for each batch we can set the status as unrestricted and restricted.

In MMBE you will not be able to see the restricted stock.You have to select batches with status in the initial screen of MMBE to see

the restricted stock.

CSN

Former Member
0 Kudos
Shyamal, will you tell creating the layout for recurring inspection lot creation details --> in which t-code it is there,how to create layout. If needed I can post a separete thread also.

This is already provided sir!!!!!!!

[Refer this link |]

[Or This one|;

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

CSN, there is no such option seen, to select batches with status in the initial screen of MMBE to see if the batch is in u2018restricted stocku2019. will you guide.

Regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

want few clarifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks to you...

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks. recurring lots are getting created.I want to know why at the time of shelf life end these expiry lot are not going to blocked /quality stocks - i dont know if I am logical. They are in unrestricted stock only. Is it correct or some settings to be done. or it is that production cannot pull these expired stocks in unrestricted stock for batches.

If one partial quantity of a particular batch is used and remaining quantity is in expired stock in unrestricted, will system create recurring inspn lot even now because 09- inspn is not stock relevant.

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

At the time of creating the layout for recurring inspection lot creation you will be finding the screen where "Batch Status changed when expiration data is reached" as such section is visible where in the "Block Batch" check Box is there that full fulls the purpose of Block Batch at Expiry Date. So activate it. Dont forger to provide initial run in day for the same along with.

If one partial quantity of a particular batch is used and remaining quantity is in expired stock in unrestricted, will system create recurring inspn lot even now because 09- inspn is not stock relevant.

System will take "Unrestricted Use" stock only to generate recurring inspection.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In QA05 you have to select the second option i.e, to inspection stock at lot creation,then stocks will be posted to quality inspection stock.If the stock is expired then the status of the batch will be changed from unrestricted use to batch restricted.If you see the stock in MMBE also it will show the stock under restricted use.

CSN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Thanks

I shall come back with any guidance needed.

regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks.

Will check the same. Could you tell me what names normally we give to variants....like...some examples.

Regards

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on the scheduling time you can give any name like Zweek for weekly scheduling etc

CSN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

Variant Name : Short Text

BATCH-MON-TEST : Monitoring of Batches - Test

RECURRING_INSP : RECURRING_INSP_1003 Plant

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Variants are created to run the background jobs.For example in this case deadline monitoring is to run in background.

1) Go to transaction code QA05 and click on Variant button.

2) Enter the name for a variant and click on create button.

3) In the next screen select For all selection screens radio button and click on continue button.

4) Now you will see Maintain Variant screen.

5) In this select block batch and give initial run in days if the batches are to be blocked before a certain period.For example expiry date is 31.12.2009 and if you put 2 in initial run in days system will block the batch on 29.12.2009.

6) Now click on attributes button.In the next screen Enter the name for the variant and save it.

7) Click on back button to come to the variants screen.Here you wil see the created variant.

😎 Select the varian t and click on schedule button.You can schedule it periodically,daily,immediately,weekly etc.

Hope creation of variants is clear and will be helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

See these are the basics pre-requisites for recurring inspection.

1. Inspection type 09 must be well maintained and active, not necessary to tick it as preferred. (These you have done)

2. Batch mgmt (These you have done)

3. Now the variant for the background job for Recurring inspection must be maintained. I think you are missing these.

You better check whether your other setting are well maintained or not by executing the recurring lot creation program manually by trx QA07.

And then kindly go through[ these link|] and the other [thread|; to understand the process to set the variant for recurring inspection.

Regards,

Shyamal