Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have a scenario like this,

I am getting file from FTP system using FILE ADOPTER to the XI system.

Once I get the file into XI system I should send confirmation message to FTP system saying that "I got the file" kind of stuff.

I am very sure that we have to BPM for this,

Can any body give me the step by step documentation.

Thanks

M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

File system will not handle Application Acknowledgements. It will handle only System acknowledgements.

SAP Note :-821267

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

What is System acknowledgements where you can set that.

I don't know about system acknowledgements.

or we can't create the BPM? where once XI system receive a file we can send some kind of message to the FTP.

Thanks

M

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System acknowledgments used by the runtime environment to confirm that an asynchronous message <b>has reached the receiver.</b> Means you can check for the system availability, FTP address/FTP parameters is right etc.

Application acknowledgments used to confirm that the asynchronous message has been <b>successfully processed at the receiver.</b>

Using BPM, you can handle System Acknwoeldgements, with the the help of Send System with Acknowledgement context(mode)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/65ce41ae343e2be10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

<i>where once XI system receive a file we can send some kind of message to the FTP.</i>

Can be done as mentioned above.

For this , you can easily do, in such a way that, once you recieve the message in BPM, you can send the "Success" message directly to the Sender.

But I don't think there is any importance for that. That means, just recieveing the message and telling the sender that I have got the message. In this case, if error happens only in picking of the files right ? For this you can go with Configuring the Alert (for Adapter Errors- in SP14 and above) whenever there is any error in the getting the file into the XI.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy