cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM fixed bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am using a putaway method of fixed bin.I have defined the fixed bin in the material master. I will be using capacity check # 3 (max quantity of bin).

Now, during putaway say the fixed bin is full,

1. Is it possible that the system moves the qty to the next empty bin within my fixed bin storage type or does it always putaway the qty into the overflow area defined as the 2nd entry in my storage type search table? Can i influence this with any specifc user exits?

2. if my putaway qty is 5 cases. Say in my fixed bin, current stock is 4 1/2 cases. During putaway in this scenario, system will suggest to putaway 1/2 case into the fixed bin and the remaining 4 1/2 into a different area? The recieveing clerk will not want to break open the case into 1/2 cases. How do i resolve this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll try to reply your questions:

1- You can use "user-exit during putaway bin determination" for this purpose.

2- System tries to allocate whole quantity. So it will not suggest 1/2 cases into the fixed bin, but it will check the second storage type in the search sequence. But, again you can utilize the same exit for this purpose.

I hope this helps,

Osman Korca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Osman.

Can you tell me which user exit do i need to use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MWMTO003 should solve your issues.

Regards,

Osman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MWMTO003 should solve your issues.

Regards,

Osman

primoz_gricar
Explorer
0 Kudos

This is just to confirm, that we usually started nice and easy with fixed bins - later in practice special cases (like these mentioned here) were driving us crazy and we ended up with user exit mentioned above. We could only manage putaway through user exit.

Regards,

Primoz

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used Userexit putaway strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain X(X Addition to existing stock permitted.)

in addn to stock

-siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

The addition to stock will get triggerred only if the putaway qty is less than max qty allowed in the bin and the bin is not completely full. correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion of near picking bin. Will test that functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please not that capacity check (1-3) is at quant level: For inspection method 3, the Quants of the corresponding material are putaway to a maximum of this quantity. For the above-mentioned reasons, it also applies here that the mixed storage should not be allowed.

Refer OSS Note 392776 for more information.

For your 1st question: I think its better to have Near picking bin as the 2nd entry in your storage type search table.

For your 2nd question: Using Inspection method 3, a different bin will be proposed as the check is in quant level.

Regards

Deepak