cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy Subtrees (multiple systems)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 2 R/3 systems connected to our BW 3.5 system. We have compounded many master data InfoObjects with 0SOURSYSTEM to accommodate the multiple systems.

We are trying to load hierarchies such that we can have one hierarchy which holds the hierarchy values from each system. This will be used for both reporting and authorization requirements. The standard hierarchies (i.e. Profit center) in each R/3 has the same root node name and many of the lower nodes have the same technical name.

Per the BW documentation, we should be able to load the hierarchies from each system using the ?insert sub tree? option (assuming the BW hierarchy has a lower node with the same root node name as that from R/3). Unfortunately, the load from the second system fails in BW with error RH109 ? Node XXX already exists. The hierarchy nodes are not compounded with the source systems, whereas the lowest level (i.e. 0VENDOR) is, so the error will be encountered unless the node names are unique.

Has anyone had a similar requirement and how (if at all) was it resolved. We have reviewed relevant OSS notes and have logged a message.

Thanks for any input,

Adil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In this case, source system needs to be compounded in each node of the hierarchy.

So, you have to add the source system in the infosource and populate it.

I think it will solve your probelm, Kindly revert back.

Regards,

Meiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

Have you found answers to your issue?

I'm facing a similar one and I would like to know how to make it work.

Thanks,

Temo