cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESW: Are all the Enterprise Services in ES Workplace implemented?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to ES Workplace and would like ask a very basic question. Are all the Enterprise Services I could find in the ES Workplace provided with the corresponding implementations?

For example, search of the service operation "SalesOrderCreateRequestConfirmation_In" returns the technical data which includes WSDL (ESR) and ESDL (back-end). I can find the operation in the public Services Registry (SR) of the ES Workplace too.

But for the service operation "InsuranceCollectionDisbursementRequestERPBulkCreateRequest_In", which I need to use, I can only see WSDL (ESR) in the technical data section and there is no result when I searched for it in the SR.

Could someone please clear my doubt?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Joon Meng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implementation of particular service is dependent on what Ehp is on your ERP so if service is shipped with Ehp4 and your current ERP is on Ehp3 then it is possible you have service in ESR (only definition) but not in ERP.

You can see this detail in ES workplace with which Ehp this service is implemented in ERP.

In ESR you can always download latest definition of services but it won't be implemented on backend until you apply correct Ehp.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your reply. May I know what did you mean with "apply correct Ehp" in the last thread?

And there is another question about the ES Workplace. Just as I mentioned, I could not find the services I have identified in the ES Workplace (e.g. "Create Insurance Collection Disbursement Request as Bulk": http://esoadocu.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DE4157EA06BD7BF1A3C7... in the Services Registry for ES Workplace (http://sr.esworkplace.sap.com).

In this case, I cannot test the Enterprise Service directly from ES Workplace. Does it mean that the backend systems of ES Workplace does not provide the implementations for that? Why can I only download WSDL documents (with binding) of certain service operations in ES Workplace?

I hope I have formulated my questions clearly.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Joon Meng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Services have 3 phases in SAP world (or with any other vendor).

- Definition (just wsdl without any implementation, stored in ESR)

- Implementation (done with programming language, either in ABAP, Java or .Net. For SAP services in ABAP).

- Configured (runtime behaviour is applied on implemented service i.e. security, endpoints etc)

Definitions are shipped with ESR as PI content and can be downloaded from Service Market Place. They are independent of implementations.

Implementation of services are shipped with Enhancement packs for ERP and they are independent of whether you have impoted definitions or not. So it is possible that you imported new services definition in your ESR and not imported latest Enhancement Pack (Ehp) in ERP so in your landscape service is not available in ERP but it is available in your ESR.

Service you are mentioning is Async Service and can't be tested through "WSNavigator", in case of ES workplace I believe it is on latest Ehp (Ehp 4) so service is available but it is async and mostly used in a way of proxy and PI combination.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your good explanation! Now I am at least more clear of the whole thing.

So if I have imported the implemention into the ERP, do I need to map those implementations to the service definitions in ESR?

My task is actually to model and implement an insurance business process, that is to create a broker contract together with a commission contract after a new business partner is created. I acknowledged that the scenario is covered in the ES Bundle "Customer Information Management" and "Insurance Billing and Payment". The service operation "Create Insurance Collection Disbursement Request as Bulk" is needed for the automatic creation of the contracts.

Now that I understand the async service cannot be tested through "WS Navigator". Could you recommend me a way to consume/test the service? Another question, how does an async service work "in a way of proxy and PI combination"?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Regards,

Joon Meng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> So if I have imported the implemention into the ERP, do I need to map those implementations to the service definitions in ESR

Not really, ESR is just definition and if your services are available in ERP then it is enough to use them.

>Could you recommend me a way to consume/test the service?

You can goto transaction "SPROXY" on ERP and search for your service then execute it from there, read documentation for field information and type of data supplied, as it could be very frustating to understand GDT.

>in a way of proxy and PI combination

If you are on ABAP system then you can call this service internally as you can call any class. See the underlying implementation class of this service in SPROXY.

PI is useful for A2A communication, if you have third party program and want to communicate with ERP services (sepcially async) then you can create mappings in PI and allow thirdparty to communicate with ERP.

Typical usage scenario is: Legacy->PI->Proxy(ERP)

PI will play role of translator (if your legacy application send message in different style) and postman (to transfer message from one location to another).

Async services are useful when there is bulk transaction and NO realtime response required.

Regards,

Gourav.

Answers (0)