cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cluster solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts ...

we are going for a new all in one implementation , the landscape is the following , (DEV+SOLMAN) on a server and (QAS) on another server and two (PRD) servers for availability so i need to know ( windows 2008 standard 64BIT and Oracle 10g) what cluster solution working for that case(MSCS or RAC) and is windows 2008 supported by SAP and ORACLE ...

thanks

Edited by: Sameh Essa on Aug 23, 2009 11:36 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Markus Doehr, it was really helpfull , I think ill use windows 2003 enterprise 64bit on oracle , and MSCS for the availability of the Production server . it's for automatic failover.

anyway thanks again Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> thanks Markus Doehr, it was really helpfull , I think ill use windows 2003 enterprise 64bit on oracle , and MSCS for the availability of the Production server . it's for automatic failover.

Be aware of the fact, that there are problems with Windows 2003, especially with big system and huge memory configurations:

Note 1316558 - System hang situations on Windows Server 2003

Note 1320013 - CRM 2007/CRM 7.0 on Windows or other memory-intensive Appl. (applies not only to CRM).

So if you fall into that category I highly suggest using Windows 2008. You need to have the enterprise version for MSCS in both cases.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> we are going for a new all in one implementation , the landscape is the following , (DEV+SOLMAN) on a server and (QAS) on another server and two (PRD) servers for availability so i need to know ( windows 2008 standard 64BIT and Oracle 10g) what cluster solution working for that case(MSCS or RAC)

MSCS and RAC are two different things. It depends what you goal is and if you are disposed to pay the additional money for RAC. If you plan to use MSCS you must use the Enterprise Edition of Windows.

For Oracle you must use the DVD with the 10.2.0.4 installation, the normal DVD with 10.2.0.1 will not work on Windows 2008. And as of now, only x64 (x86_64 or AMD) is supported, no Itanium-2 for Oracle on Windows 2008.

> and is windows 2008 supported by SAP and ORACLE ...

This is the place to look that up: http://service.sap.com/pam

Markus