cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I can send the private msg to other ID in the forum?

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello 1980,

Only moderators have the option of sending a message to the author of a forum post. This will f.o.r.w.a.r.d a m.a.i.l to them - and they can choose whether to respond via m.a.i.l or not.

There is no private messaging system or chat, other than choosing to display your m.a.i.l ID in your profile or "business card" if you want to go "offline" or use the forums etc to remain "online".

As a result, members can choose their level of anonymity as they wish to - until they ask for serious trouble, like doing something illegal.

Cheers,

Julius

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could start by stepping out of anonymity....... I for one will not spend as much as a second on messages sent to me by someone who's hiding behind "SAP_1980".

How about sending a message to sdn AT sap.com requesting your display name to be changed to your real full name and editing your profile to complete your business card. Feel free to have a look at mine.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know there is no available option for this. And I know the consequences for having Private message or chat options in forums therefore i would not back this system. But I think Email option(The Button next to Abuse report) is very much close to your need(I guess).

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved to right forum