cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA40 Transaction Delimit Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

am doing a Action (Data Conversion) PA40 for an employee who has data in some infotypes(0,1,2,8,9). As the records are delimited for Existing records I am facing a problem in my BDC Program. I am unable to control my flow . as the message for Delimition appears (eg:Record valid from 01/01/1960 to 12/31/9999 delimited at end)

i am losing control of my program. How to handlee this .??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not able to get the control on the screen after the message... like iam calling the screen repeatedly but not able to get control....

PERFORM DYNPRO USING : 'MP000000' '2000'.

PERFORM DYNPRO_FIELD USING : 'BDC_OKCODE' '/00',

• 'PSPAR-PERNR' I_FILE_HEADER-PERNR,

'P0000-BEGDA' I_FILE_HEADER-DOJ,

'P0000-MASSG' c_ZX,

'PSPAR-PLANS' i_file_header-plans,

'PSPAR-WERKS' I_FILE_HEADER-WERKS,

'PSPAR-PERSG' I_FILE_HEADER-PERSG,

'PSPAR-PERSK' I_FILE_HEADER-PERSK.

PERFORM DYNPRO USING : 'MP000000' '2000'.

PERFORM DYNPRO_FIELD USING : 'BDC_OKCODE' '/00',

'BDC_CURSOR' 'PSPAR-PERSK'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Initially they are doing Data Migration(records dated 01/01/1960) and then they are running Data conversion(from date 01/01/2006) , as they are not standard Action types I guess....

They are not maintaning all the infotypes initially ...

Its like they are performing Hiring Action when they do Data conversion Action...

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

may be you can try this.. when you did a recording of the delimit operation.. did you have to put the BDC_OKCOdE '/ENTR' to acknowledeg the warning message? sometimes.. repeating the same line of OK code ie like you are hitting the ENTER button twice, helps..

Regards,

Suresh Datti

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

just curious.. is this a Termination Action? if yes, why a BDC? wouldn't the Dynamic Actions be enough?

Regards,

Suresh Datti

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you’re not delimiting records using PA30? you can record all of your required the IT`s and can delimit it at one shot.