cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling one background after first finishes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to run a second BGD job after the completion fo first job periodic BGD job. I scheduled them using SM36 and set the execution condition in the second job as after JOB completion and gave the name of the first job there. But second job was executed only once whereas the the first job was executed periodically. I have tried to search releated threads on this forum also but could not find anything positive. Please help me in this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Anindya,

Actually i included the second job as a step of first job, but that is also not working somehow..can you please elaborate on the method to include the second job as a step of first job...

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a step of your Job you can include 1) ABAP Programs 2)External Commad 3) External Program.

HOw did you add one job as a part of another job?

What you are doing from the second job , put that in the first job only. You can put some condition like IF <sy-subrc> =0 or any other logical condition available in ABAP.

Take help from some ABAPer.

But I feel interested to know what exactly you are trying to do with two job.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul

That is expected behaviour.. as because your second job is not periodic it will run only once.

What if you want this job only once irrespective of the repeatation of the first job? How system would be able to handle that?

What you can do whatever you want in the second job can be included in the first job only in its Steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any time delay observed in both of the jobs w.r.t periodicity and w.r.t each other ?