cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring backup through DB13 on windows system with mssql as database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I m using ecc 5.0 with mssql database on windows system.

I have to take backup using DB13. wht configuration steps are there to take backup using db13.

plz suggest me the configuration steps.

plz do the needfull.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

i have checked tht but its not in clear way there.can u give me the steps to configure db13 to take backup.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is "not clear"? Your questions are very general - so I can just give general answers.

I can't (and won't) give you a click-here-and-then-there-documentation, it's very important to understand what is being done rather than just following screenshots...

What exactly is your problem? You're backing up to tape or disk? Can you take a general backup using the operating system NTBACKUP?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have to take backup on tape. actually i want to know tht jst like in oracle we have to do configuration in initSID.sap file is there any configuration in mssql too tht need to be made.plz suggest.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see the tape device in SQL Server Studio?

right click on database - All Tasks - Backup

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can i take the backup through DB13 on harddisk my database is mssql.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes sir ,you can.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try my advise and right clicked and selected "backup"? There's a "help" button too which will explain you what to do...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Actually my client wants to take backup using db13 on disk..as i m new to mssql.i have configured it on oracle database bt i dont know hw to configure it on mssql.so plz do the needful.

Regards

Pranav

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Actually my client wants to take backup using db13 on disk..as i m new to mssql.i have configured it on oracle database bt i dont know hw to configure it on mssql.so plz do the needful.

The "needful" thing to do now is to read documentation.

Doing backup is a very crucial part of running a SAP installation, it's just not enough to follow a "click-guide" without knowing what is done. I told you a few approaches to start to dig into that but you seem to ignore them.

I'm really not sure why I should repeat here all the steps listed in the online documentation, such as

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/5b/1f2d61f80f4b26a0a4a96c8bb791ec/frameset.htm

which clearly explains how a backup is set up in DB13/DBACOCKPIT...

Markus

Answers (0)