cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

client transport from PRD to DEV system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using ECC 5.0 with mssql as database on windows system.

I have to client copy from PRD system ,client 700 to DEV system client 600.i m doing it using client transport.

i have some confusion in tht.

1. how to determine size of client.i have heard abt one program YKSPACEC to determine size of client am i right.and does this report affect system performance.

2.what are the prequisites tht need to maintain before client transport.

3.my tms is configured from DEV to PRD system so how it will be possible to import the requests from PRD to DEV client during client import.

4.do i have to lock all users on PRD system during client export.

5.during client import can users work on DEV system in another client 200.

plz guide me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am using ECC 5.0 with mssql as database on windows system.

> I have to client copy from PRD system ,client 700 to DEV system client 600.i m doing it using client transport.

> 1. how to determine size of client.i have heard abt one program YKSPACEC to determine size of client am i right.and does this report affect system performance.

you can run a copy in test mode and read Note 118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client

> 2.what are the prequisites tht need to maintain before client transport.

Support package level and dictionary must be identical.

> 3.my tms is configured from DEV to PRD system so how it will be possible to import the requests from PRD to DEV client during client import.

you can't.

> 4.do i have to lock all users on PRD system during client export.

that would be better since otherwise you may generate inconsistencies.

> 5.during client import can users work on DEV system in another client 200.

yes.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can run a copy in test mode and read Note 118823 - CC-ADMIN: Size of a client

i have read the note from there i got to knw tht there is a progrm Program name: YKSPACEC through tht size of client can be determined.bt actually i want to know tht has anyone checked it before and does it affects performnace of system as i have to run tht on PRD system.

3.my tms is configured from DEV to PRD system so how it will be possible to import the requests from PRD to DEV client during client import.

you can't.

bt i have heard tht by manually adding request we can do import on dev system plz suggest.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i have read the note from there i got to knw tht there is a progrm Program name: YKSPACEC through tht size of client can be determined.bt actually i want to know tht has anyone checked it before and does it affects performnace of system as i have to run tht on PRD system.

it's one background job counting the number of entries - so yes, it will put some load on the system.

> 3.my tms is configured from DEV to PRD system so how it will be possible to import the requests from PRD to DEV client during client import.

>

> you can't.

>

>

> bt i have heard tht by manually adding request we can do import on dev system plz suggest.

Yes - you can, but this may create an inconsistency for the target client because the table containing the entries may already be copied before.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

so whts the best method to copy client from PRD client to DEV client suggest me.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would search a time where you can lock the system (e. g. a weekend). Then I would

- suspend all jobs on the system (using the program BTCTRNS1)

- lock all users but yours (transaction EWZ5)

- export the client using SCC8

- when the export is finished use EWZ5 to re-enable all users

- exeucte program BTCTRNS2 to unsuspend the jobs

How big is your production system and how many clients does it have?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have only one client in PRD system.

After client export from PRD client .how i will import it to DEV Sytem in 600 client.so plz suggest me

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have only one client in PRD system.

how big is the whole system then?

> After client export from PRD client .how i will import it to DEV Sytem in 600 client.so plz suggest me

Read

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/69/c24c824ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Markus

Answers (0)