cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while upgrading to Solution Manager EHP1 from 3.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade the solution manager3.2 to EHP1.

DB: Oracle 10.2.0.2

I am in the Prepare phase.....

When I try to run the JPREPARE command( /dump/smrtest/SMR_UP/51036444/JPREPARE) I get the following error message

An unrecoverable error has occured:

Could not execute dialog SelectModulDialog. See previous messages.

Input output exception while processing dialog SelectModulDialog. See previous messages.

Could not send dialog message. See previous messages.

Could not bind to port 6240.

java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Can anyone help asap?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I am in the Prepare phase.....

> When I try to run the JPREPARE command( /dump/smrtest/SMR_UP/51036444/JPREPARE) I get the following error message

You have a Java instance installed on 3.2?

> An unrecoverable error has occured:

>

> Could not execute dialog SelectModulDialog. See previous messages.

> Input output exception while processing dialog SelectModulDialog. See previous messages.

> Could not send dialog message. See previous messages.

> Could not bind to port 6240.

> java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Read the documentation about SAPJup - you have to change the default port (because most likely your ABAP part uses that one).

Markus

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Markus.

So unlike previous versions we do not need to run PREPARE phase before the actual upgrade? Or does it mean prepare phase only includes making sure of the details mentioned in 4.1 to 4.10 ?

As per my understanding while upgrade we need to run a PREPARE which would check all that is necessary and report the same. Please suggest

"STARTUP jce_policy_zip=" this step is in upgrade phase as per the document.

This is first time I am upgrading the solution manager and as per the solution manager 7.0 upgrade(not EHP1) we need to run the prepare phase before going for the upgrade phase.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So unlike previous versions we do not need to run PREPARE phase before the actual upgrade? Or does it mean prepare phase only includes making sure of the details mentioned in 4.1 to 4.10 ?

You do run a PREPARE

> This is first time I am upgrading the solution manager and as per the solution manager 7.0 upgrade(not EHP1) we need to run the prepare phase before going for the upgrade phase.

The phases are basically the same. Just the control program is different (what has been UaServer before is now a part of EHPI).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We the Master guide also says "Master Guide SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0"

And as far as the media guide is concerned, it also says "Media List SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0" however I have downloaded the followind media :

Upgrade master - 51036444

Upgrade export- 51036445(1 to 8 parts)

Upgrade Kernel - 51036769 - 5

Upgrade language- 51036447

The above media is for Linux and oracle.

And this very media 51036444 contain only JPREPARE and thats where my question arise from.

Your input would be valuable.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> And this very media 51036444 contain only JPREPARE and thats where my question arise from.

If you read the upgrade guide you'll find out, that you don't start a PREPARE but rather a

STARTUP jce_policy_zip=......

to do the upgrade...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply again Markus.

Yes it does say about source release 3.1 and 3.2. However the Upgrade master DVD only contains the option JPREPARE and we do not have Jave installed.

I think I need to install some java components first. Is it?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Yes it does say about source release 3.1 and 3.2. However the Upgrade master DVD only contains the option JPREPARE and we do not have Jave installed.

You have the wrong DVD then.

check on the same page the

*Media List SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 *

and

Master Guide SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP 1

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Markus.

I saw your reply after I posted my question

Yes, it says Upgrade GuideSAP Enhancement Package 1 for Solution Manager 7.0 and there is no way mentioned about upgrade from 3.1 or 3.2. So just guessing if it is really possible or not?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what your question is. The document - and the sentence I posted - clearly indicates, that it's possible

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to upgrade to solution manager EHP1 directly from 3.1 ? Has anyone tried it?

I have searched in the service market place and also on the net and everywhere they have mentioned to upgrade to EHP1 from 7.0.

So was wonderring if I could really upgrade to EHP1 directly or should I have to upgrade to 7.0 first?

Please do let me know if you have any idea.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is it possible to upgrade to solution manager EHP1 directly from 3.1 ? Has anyone tried it?

Did you actually have a look into the guide I posted? It says:

Chapter 1.2
This document describes the upgrade to SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 from Source Releases SAP Solution Manager 3.1 and SAP Solution Manager 3.2 on UNIX.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found it, we do not have Java installed.

I guess I need to check how I can upgrade from 3.1 to EHP1 first!!!

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the guide

http://service.sap.com/instguides

--> SAP Components

--> Solution Manager

--> Release 7.0 EHP 1

Upgrade to SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 UNIX / Oracle

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if Java is installed. Need to check. How can I check and make sure?

I think we have ABAP stack.

But as per service market place, the upgrade master CD/DVD is 51036444 and that is what I am trying to use and it does not contain PREPARE and it only has JPREPARE.

The upgrade documentation of EHP1 also has not given the exact steps on how to go about it. So I am just guessing by going through the previous version upgradation.

Please shed some light...

Thanks in advance.