cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMD setup after EHP1 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have problem in Solution Manager diagnostics. SMD was setup successfully and it was working on SAP Netweaver 7.0. Recently we have upgraded the system to EHP1 where the things are changed like role based concept etc. I have assigned the Root Cause Analysis Work center to my user id and try to open Agent Administration but it is throwing error like page cannot be displayed. could some one tell me the steps that we have to perform on SMD setup after EHP1 upgrade. And when I try to run the diagnostics --> Managed System --> setup wizard it shows Java systems (not able to find hostname and Landscape is not well defined) and whne I try to open Agent Candidate Management it is not connecting to SLD it says at least 1.5.26 version of CIM model is required. Can I go ahead and import the CIM model in our SLD and also tell me if there is any prerequisites that I have to look into the SLD before importing the latest CIM model.

Thanks a lot,

GK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but I was able to overcome the "page cannot be displayed" by adding a hosts file entry on my desktop PC that matches my customer's FQDN to the actual server hostname. This worked for me because I'm not on the same network as the customer's FQDN and many Solman functions use this by default. Another workaround might be to find out the URL it is calling, and replace the hostname with the IP address and open it in a seperate window.

Also, the following URL should work as a shortcut to agent administration:

http://<hostname>:80<abap instance #>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsmdnavigation/StandaloneApp?APP_ID=ADMIN_AGENT

Hope this helps,

Ian

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let us know your LM-SERVICE Release level.

Check these notes

1274287 - End-to-End Diagnostics

Note 1274287 - End-to-End Diagnostics SP18(EHP1)- SP19 - SP2

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu