cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPinst using root dir whec sapcar extracting files - hp-ux

0 Kudos
I've been doing lots of hp.ux+oracle installations, but I'm facing a new problem. Im running sapinst and using and x-server for it.

The thing is that i'm receiving this error in step 4 of installation:

SAPCAR: error writing to /usr/sap/DEV/SYS/exe/run/ssfrfc (error 4). No space left on device). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.
    Choose View Log to get more information about the error.
      1. Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to /tmp/sapinst_instdir/ERPEhP4/AS-ABAP/ORA/CENTRAL/.

TRACE 2009-08-21 16:07:45.920 CGuiEngineImp::acceptAnswerForBlockingRequest Waiting for an answer from GUI

The thing is that /usr is not filled, the extract it's been doing on / (root), and running the installation as root.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Felipe

Edited by: Felipe Andres Catalan Muñoz on Aug 22, 2009 12:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Please check the /tmp if it is 100% full release it then start the sapinst again.

JPReyes
    Active Contributor
    0 Kudos

As you can see the path is /usr/sap/DEV/SYS/exe/run that usually is mounted as /sapmnt/<sid> in this case DEV... so check your mounts for space.

Regards

Juan

0 Kudos

Juan,

/usr/sap/DEV/SYS/exe/run has free 25gb of space, I even chmod the dir for full access but still doesn't work.

Regards,

Felipe C.

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Felipe C.,

Post your directory structure here,command bdf

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hello Felipe,

If /usr/sap/DEV/SYS/exe/run has free space then may be the /tmp is full. Just check the file space for /tmp using df -k or bdf. If possible give the results for both /usr/sap/DEV/SYS/exe/run and /tmp. Better still please do what Ashok has suggested in the previous post.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

0 Kudos

I added an screenshot with file systems sizes, as you can see there, root is full because sted 4 unpack sap archives is been doing on root dir

please help[http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7075/errornlu.gif]

Edited by: Felipe Andres Catalan Muñoz on Aug 22, 2009 2:36 PM

Former Member
    0 Kudos

what i can suggest you thet please get the file sysem Remounted .

The try to run the inst .

Please also try to download latest SAPCAR version, see SAP Service Marketplace at service.sap.com/swdc.

For more information, see Note 212876.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

0 Kudos

Solved!!

delete user and groups manually. then create users and groups using sapinst additional life-cycle opts.