cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting using JCO.Client: null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!! I'm getting the following message: Error connecting using JCO.Client: null

I'm sure the JCos are fine because that only happens with one particular user, and I'm also sure that it exists in the backend and it's not locked...

The only thing that seemed to work was resetting the backend server, but I'd like to know why.

What else could I check to get it work?

Thanks

PD: I've checked some posts, but none os the sugestions worked

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

susmita_panigrahi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

1.May be JCO's are not configured properly.Check your JCO's are up and running by pinging it in ContentAdmin->WebDynpro.

2. its a simple problem of connection pooling. In your JCO connection settings change the maximum connections to 200. It will work.it is good After you execute the Model please release the connection. The reason you are getting this JCO Client null is because the connection is not getting released.

When you say the following code

wdContext.current<BAPI_INPUT>.modelObject().execute();

//Get the reference to the model and release the connection

If your Model name is say "MO_Mymodel" then

MO_Mymodel model = (MO_Mymodel) WDModelFactory.getModelInstance(MO_Mymodel.class);

model.disconnectIfAlive();

This should release your connections. Also ensure you release the connections even if there is a exception :).

Please refer the below forum also:

Thanks

susmita

Former Member
0 Kudos

The max connections is set to 1000 (1k) .. so it shouldn't be a problem... and there's only one user with this situation, it they were more or no one could enter, I'd believe it was that.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing thread... not relevant anymore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hola Alejandro,

You say resetting the backend-server (J2EE?) helped? That probably meant that the system was out of JCO connections (the pool was empty). The other users are still keeping the JCO connections to them selves. In the future another user will get the problem.

• If you are only using SAP standard software: increase the amount of JCO connctions in the pool.

• If you are using also self-made webdynpro software: Ask the developers to check if they are really closing all connetions. If they do: Increase the amount of JCO connections in the pool.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Permissions are fine, since the user hasn't been modified in a while ans he was able to enter (roles are set to 31.12.9999)...

As for the connections pool... They seem to be fine because that's the only user with the problem now (although it's the third)... We reset the R/3 System and worked for the other. We also tried with this 3rd restarting the webdynpro instance and it wasn't successful.

The connections are being closed when the user leaves the component and we checked the sm04 to view them... it had only 4 connections (they're good because that's the amount of connections that the application needs). Anyway, we used the same transaction to end those connections and it still didn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error might indicate insufficent permissions in the backend system.

Is the JCO configured with logon ticket (SSO)?