cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are customizing steps to create pro forma invoice from STO delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have copied FUPI output for pro forma invoice billing type F8. I tested and was able to successfully get it to work for a regular delivery that was created from a standard sales order. However, I need this to also work for a stock transport order created delivery but I keep getting the error that the item is not relevant for billing. I have searched the web for 2 days and did find one posting that was exactly the same issue that I have and the person asking the question said they solved the problem but did not provide the answer as to how.

I tried changing the item category NLN billing relevance to D from a J and that did not work either. I need the pricing to print on the pro forma invoice also. On a standard sales order created delivery it works like a charm.

this is what I hope to accomplish - create sto - create delivery from sto - create pro forma invoice for customs

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Donna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In VOV7 the billing relevance for item category NLN should be maintained as A (delivery related billing)

Then you need to maintain copy controls in VTFL between NL to F8

In copy controls at header level copying requirements should be 009

At item level for item category NLN copying requirements should be 010

Pricing is picked from the OVKK settings that is for your sales area, CPP as the receiving plant is the customer, and DPP from the billing type of F8 For this combination you need to maintain Pricing Procedure

In VTFL At item level for item category NLN the pricing type should be B

If you need to maintain this settings you can create F8 proforrma invoice in intra comapny STO

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I checked all my customizing and still does not work correctly. I dug further and saw that when the Stock transport order is created and the delivery is created, the item already has not relevant for billing and nothing that I have done or tested has changed that. I am missing something here. Perhaps it is in the purchasing side? Not sure.

However, I do thank you for the instructions that you have provided step by step. I am at a loss at what to do next.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I checked all my customizing and still does not work correctly. I dug further and saw that when the Stock transport order is created and the delivery is created, the item already has not relevant for billing and nothing that I have done or tested has changed that. I am missing something here. Perhaps it is in the purchasing side? Not sure.

However, I do thank you for the instructions that you have provided step by step. I am at a loss at what to do next.

Thanks

Edited by: Donna Hagreen on Aug 27, 2009 10:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have simulated the scenario and i am able to create a proforma invoice F8 for the delivery NL and item category NLN.

Billing relevance 'D'.

Pricing 'X'.

Selected Proforma Invoice type as F8 and created invoice in the initial screen in VF01.

======I dug further and saw that when the Stock transport order is created and the delivery is created, the item already has not relevant for billing =======

How you come to know that the item is not relevant for billing? If you further details that will be helpful to investigate further.

Regards

Rajkumar K

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you getting the item category in delivery as NLN ?

If so the billing relevance can be either A delivery related billing or D proforma billing in VOV7

If A is not working for you try with D But both can be used

Item not relevant for billing the reason can be incorrect copy controls and Billing relevance field in item category

These two are the areas to be corrected for this error (there cannnot be a third area to correct for this error)

If you maintain copy controls as suggested by me and billing relevance preferably as D definately you can create proforma invoice

In the billing screen after the delivery number ,you need to choose F8 billing type and then execute

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In answer to your question about the billing relevance already being known - if I look in the delivery, item category is NLN and delivery type NL and on the financial processing tab billing status says not relevant for billing. ( this is under the header details) Should we do a post goods receipt first before trying to create the Pro Forma invoice?

thanks

Donna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I did check all these things that you mentioned and it appears to me that everything is correct. I will do another check of the copy controls and see if perhaps I missed something.

Thanks

Donna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please go through earlier posting and hope your doubt can be cleared.

[LINK|]

Regards,

SARTHAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use item Relevant billiing as a "M"

and try

Kishore

Tata steel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for answering, however this did not solve issue but I do appreciate your time.