cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One SyncBo for 2 two backends (MAU)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys.

Is there a possibility to replicate data from two backends using the same SyncBO? We are currently working with MAU and want to use two backends R/3 systems.

We do not want to copy all the SyncBo's because this would mean to change the whole MAU client application. We want to change the middleware so that we can set up 2 RFC connections for each SyncBo in order to synchronize with both backends.

Has someone done something like this before? I have heard that it is possible but I do not know which user exits need to be adjusted to enable this.

I will throw points like hell for good answers and hints

Best regards,

Sascha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can have the same syncbo for multiple backends provided, it is compatible with your application. You create your syncbo based on your application and so if you have most of your business logics at your backend, then, there is going to be a serious problem.

You need to think twice if you are going for <b>backend</b> <b>driven</b> syncbos as there is a possibility for the syncbo getting corrupted.

regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun.

SAP mentioned that there are 3 scenarios to solve our problem but none of them had been implemented yet. So we have to decide which one we use and then just do it. But it is possible.

Thanks anyway for the helpful answer.

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

hi sascha,

do you have any new information on this? we have the same problem, and i would think that setting up several clients (mandanten) in the middleware will solve it. because the definitions of syncbo's (MEREP_401) are client-independent, but all other data related to the synchronization and so on seem to be client-dependent.

what do you think of it, or how did you solve it and what are the 3 scenarios sap mentioned?

regards,

norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert.

We were ion contact with SAP on this. SAP told us that they are currently working on a Positioning-Paper where they describe what scenarios are possible and what SAP thinks about them.

But we did not received this paper yet. A good way would be to get in contact with SAP directly.

You can find some interesting thougths in this thread:

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

hi sascha,

thanks for the info! do you think it would work with having several clients in the middleware? perhaps some sap-employee reads this topic and has an answer...

thanks and kind regards,

norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbet.

What do you mean by several clients in the middleware?

You can copy the SyncBos. Or try to handle more backends using more than one RFC-Connection for one SyncBo.

But mutltiple clients on the middleware. I dont know.

Sorry.

Regards,

Sascha

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

hi sascha,

client = 'mandant'.

client 100 would have rfc-dest. abc as standard rfc-dest, and client 200 would have rfc-dest. cde as standard. on the mi-client, you are able to enter the mandant that is used for synchronization...

regards,

norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norbert.

But than you would have to generate the SyncBos on both clients?!?! So how sould your client application handle it? As far as I know you only can sync with one client (middleware). So this client should handle the multiple backend problem.

Cheers

Sascha

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

i would think that it is not necessary to generate them twice, the generated fm's have to exist only once, and the rfc-destinations where the bapi-wrappers are called are read during runtime within the generated fm's.

we just want to use different backend's for different plants (with different mobile devices), so it is not a problem if a client can synchronize only with one sap-client on the middleware.

i don't know if it really works, probably we will have to ask SAP or just try it...

regards,

norbert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sacha,

I am not sure how this can be achieved but don't you think getting data for the same application from two different backends will corrupt the data?

It would be helpful if you could explain your scenario.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I am not sure how the data should look like. But I guess orders and so on have to have different number ranges. All I can say is that I have heard that it is possible. I want to avoid to copy all MAU/MAM SyncBo's on the middleware and client and write all necessary controllers for the client application.

Cheers,

Sascha