cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically generated Internal RFC Connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We just finished an upgrade from SAP R3 4.6C to ECC6 with Unicode Migration and we face an RFC problem.

The Internal RFC Connection <hostname>_<SID>_<SYSTEM-NUMBER> is generated with a bad system number in it.

Our system number is 00 and we get "-4" in this field. That problem prevent us from finishing ST-A/PI installation in our brand new ECC6 system.

We already tried to delete the connection and to stop/start SAP but no results.

We don't have any Application Server by now. It is the Internal RFC Connection of the Central System.

Did someone faced the same issue?

Regards,

Pierre VIEL

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can change in two ways that i am aware(either debug from SAP or update database table).

Debug the entries in RFCDES table and update RFCOPTIONS column or login to the database and issue an update statement to correct the RFCOPTIONS in RFCDES table.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We solved the problem. It came from our SAP profile which was prepared from MS Excel.

Our 00 was replaced by a single 0.

Regards,

Pierre VIEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your quick reply.

I updated the RFCDES table, but after restarting SAP the value is still "-4".

Edited by: Pierre VIEL on Aug 21, 2009 9:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you paste what you entries in table RFCDES.

You can able to use se16 for that, give RFCTYPE as "I" and F8

Former Member
0 Kudos
Table:          RFCDES
Displayed Fields:   4 of  20  Fixed Columns:                 1  List Width 0250
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| |RFCDEST                         |RFCTYPE|RFCOPTIONS                                                              |RFCOPTIONT                           |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| |BACK                            |I      |                                                                        |                                     |
| |NONE                            |I      |d=2,o=00000004,                                                         |                                     |
| |NONE_NU                         |I      |d=1,o=00000004                                                          |                                     |
| |papayer_FP0_02                  |I      |H=papayer,S=02                                                          |                                     |
| |peuplier_FP0_00                 |I      |H=peuplier,S=-48,d=2,                                                   |                                     |
| |picris_FP0_01                   |I      |H=picris,S=01                                                           |                                     |

When we restart SAP the value is changed automatically.

Regards,

Pierre VIEL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Internal connections are usually take based on the message server value as in SM51.

If RFCDES is getting updated after restart means, i would at doubt the profile parameters.

Check the profile parameters for any a value -48, makesure SM51 shows the correct name(hostname_SID_SystemNr) and any error in SMLG=> goto=>system diagnosis=>Message server status area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pierre,

What is the value of profile parameter rdisp/myname.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu