cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Gurus,

we have configured a network printer (HP LJ3005dn) in SAP (ECC 6.0) wint access method U, we can print OK but it print in another sheet the following info:

User: user that send the spool

Host: server name

Class:

Job: xxxx.SID

what can we do to delete or prevent that another sheet will print????

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Please check the Print Specification Popup for what all options are selected in default and change there.

Regards,

SS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I´m sorry I don´t understand what popup.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you are giving printout, select the properties page => under Cover Pages => check SAP Cover page and OS coversheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

in tx SPAD --> output device "HP_LarserJet_P3005DN" --> output attributes --> the flag cover page is not selected

to test, we go to tx vf03 --> any billing document --> menu billing document --> option issue output to --> print option popup --> only select the logical destination "HP_LarserJet_P3005DN"

the printer print OK the document but after the document print another sheet with the info

user

host

class

job

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you didn't catch what i meant or may be my writing was not clear.

when you select the printer icon, it takes to you new screen, where you feed the printer name.

In that screen, select properties at the bottom and follow the instruction in my previous post.

If your options are correct then the other possibility is to check the printer properties(if you look at the printer physically, there might be screen and button control to set some coverpage properties)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Vijay

when I push the printer icon in properties only SAP Cover page is available but I dont have added a cover page, as I tell you the extra sheet is print at the end, the cover page is print at the begin

in the setup of printer HP P3005DN we couldn´t find where the extra page is configured.

we create the same printer as front end type and the extra sheet was not print only when we use the type U the extra sheet is print

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a parameter in your instance profile, rspo/host_spool/burst_pages = 0. Bounce the system for this parameter to come into effect. Then check again, the extra page issue will be resolved.

Regards,

Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Aridam,

we set the parameter, restart the system and it works

thanks for your help

Hernando

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the print server for these network printers in your landscape ?

sometimes, the printer server tools have some kind of settings or adjustable configurations like this

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

the spool is send directly to the printer

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SPAD, enter your printer and go in change mode.

Then untick the "SAP Cover page" under "Output Attributes" tab.

This setting will make the printer to print out without the cover page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

thanks for your answer, the printer does not have "SAP Cover page" under "Output Attributes" tab, the additional sheet is print at the end, after the document is print.

Edited by: Hernando Polania Cadena on Aug 21, 2009 9:14 PM