cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC Sales Order - City Mandatory for Partners

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing one issue in the Sales Order.

In Customer Master, the City is not mandatory. We are able to save the Sales Order for customers without City and we are able to proceed the entire cycle.

some cases, we are changing the address manually for some partners in Sales Order, at that time the system is expecting the City is mandatory in the Sales Order.

How can I make the system not to be mandatory for Partner Addresses in Sales Order?

Regards

Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

If you want to make CIty as a mandatory field in Customer master please try the below transaction as replied by one of our friends,

IMG u2013 Financial Accounting u2013 Account receivable and account payable u2013 customer master u2013 master data u2013 preparation for creating customer master data u2013 define screen layout per activity (Customer).

If you want to make City as mandatory field in Sales order in Partner tab. Follow the below steps.

T-Code SE51(Screen Painter)

Give Program Name SAPLV09C

Screen Number 1000

Select Attributes radio button.

Go to Element list Tab. Inturn select Special Attribute tab in Subscreen.

For Field Name "GVS_TC_DATA-REC-CITY1" make Input as "O" (Required).

You can take help of your ABAPERS if you have any doubts in Screen Painter.

Regards,

Arun.S

0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

we are not using one time customer. We have two account groups "sold to party" and "Others". In Both the account group, the City is not mandatory. We are able to save the customers without City in both the account group.

We are able to create Sales Order for these customers and can proceed delivery and billing.

In some cases, the address of the customer in the sales order have to be changed, like the ship to address etc. When we change this address, in the Sales Order the City became mandatory (i.e it is mandatory at the time of Change in VA02, but not in VA01, that is looking strange)

We want to avoid this situation. Because some customer dont have city.

If there is no option, then the city have to be mandatory in the customer master itself.

I checked the screen painter for this program and currently city is not required field. however the system asks it at the time of change (VA02) not in VA01.

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Regards

Sarva

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan

So check in OVT0 and make sure that you have done city has mandatory. Then as you want to make the city feild mandatory in sales order level then , check using SHD0 transaction wheather city is mandatory or not

Regards

Srinath

0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

In Account Group, the City is not mandatory (OVT0) and we dont have any variant in VA02. So we are not sure why in VA02, the system is making the City Field Mandatory at the time of changing the address.

Regards

Saravanan

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvanan

Use SHD0 transaction make the city feild as mandatory, for VA02 t.code. Second option is to go with SE51

Regards

Srinath

0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Our Issue is Why the system currently making the City Mandatory in VA02.

We dont want to behave like this.

We dont have any variant in VA02 and in SE51 Screen variant also it is not mandatory. The Customer Account group also have only option for City.

Why the system is asking the City Mandatory for VA02.

Regards

Saravanan S

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan

If the system doesn't want to behave like that then you need to check the following data . So check in SHD0 , for VA02 wheather City feild has been put as mandatory or optional. Secondly also check in OVT0. But if both are in optional then you need to check the program MV45AFZZ

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are trying to say that you change the partner function in the sales order.

And after changing it city field becomes the mandatory.

So why donu2019t you save your city for that partner function in the customer master data.

As you are saying you change only ship to party.

In ship to party address is the main factor in it.

And your customer is also not a one time customer.

So you can make that changes in the master data and see the proceedings.

Can you please tell us what are the fields attached in your incompletion procedure in the item level.

Regards

Raj.

0 Kudos

Still it is not answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you were prompted to change the Partner address at the sales order level, i think you were using the ONE-TIME CUSTOMER.

Please change the Customer Account group of the customer from the One- time to Sold to , if your rerquirement is to use the One -time customer then ,

Goto the Transaction code OBD2 and choose your Account group and select the GENERAL tab and change the CITY as Optional from the Mandatory option.

It will work,

please revert if you need further details.

cheers,

santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

we are not using one time customer. We have two account groups "sold to party" and "Others". In Both the account group, the City is not mandatory. We are able to save the customers without City in both the account group.

We are able to create Sales Order for these customers and can proceed delivery and billing.

In some cases, the address of the customer in the sales order have to be changed, like the ship to address etc. When we change this address, in the Sales Order the City became mandatory (i.e it is mandatory at the time of Change in VA02, but not in VA01, that is looking strange)

If there is no option, then the city have to be mandatory in the customer master itself.

Regards

Sarva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvanan,

If the City file is active in Country specific settings then it'll make city as mandatory field in sale order partner function. Please check the settings in Global Settings> Set Countries> Country Specific Checks.

Rgds,

Antima

0 Kudos

Hi Antima,

I checked in Country specific settings and none of the country have "City file active".

Regards

Sarva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your error is little bit confusing for me.

I am not able to understand that you want city to be mandatory in the sales order or in the customer master data.

To change the setting of the city in the customer master data do these settings.

Go to IMG u2013 Financial Accounting u2013 Account receivable and account payable u2013 customer master u2013 master data u2013 preparation for creating customer master data u2013 define screen layout per activity (Customer).

In that select create customer (centrally) u2013 general data u2013 address.

Now in that make postal code, city as the required entry and save it.

Now your city will be mandatory in the customer master data.

If you want city to be mandatory in the sales order.

Then in my point of view that canu2019t be done.

Because all those entry on the partner tab of the sales order comes from the customer master data.

So if you have saved entry in the customer master it will automatically flow in the sales order.

Regards

Raj.

0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Regards

Sarva