cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLS nested transactions and the Logic Editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a transaction that calls another transaction and the transaction call action block is named OPER_DATA.

When I look at OPER_DATA in the Logic Editor the OutputXML doesn't show any meta data, ROWSETS, etc.

How do I get the meta data about the output from the OPER_DATA transaction loaded into the calling transaction?

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

If I understand the question right, the subtransaction includes an output parameter of type XML ? This should be set to a default XML of some kind, i.e. take some sample XML and insert this into the parameterdefinition of the XML output parameter. Then this default XML should appear within the caller transaction.

Or did I miss something in your question?

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Poul,

You didn't miss a thing. That is exactly what I needed.

The manual was the thing that was missing!

Thanks again,

--Amy Smith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

You should remember to set the default XML empty or something similar. In case the transaction fails due to error, the default XML will be returned if I remember right (If you do not handle it in one way or another).

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can use an XML Reference document for this as well

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, as Christian mentions by using the Reference Document approach the hard-coded default value for the output parameter will not give you a problem if something goes amuk in the nested TRX like Poul mentions.

Amy - in your situation this is just design-time help you are looking for but for the runtime execution you can place an Assign block near the beginning of your TRX to properly initialize this XML output parameter to something more harmless than what you might have in your default value.

My recommendation would be to use the Ref Doc approach (which you need to use when calling a TRX as a webservice anyhow) and assign an object that leads to the output as the reference.