Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Problem

1) Sytem auromatically created a duplicate file in DIR and local system (burning issue)

Ex- when i am attaching PPT file from desktop in to the dir ,system has been created automatically same file with different extension (like {CCA8FC45-C52E-413E-AA1F-C0B8419436BC}.bmp) in DIR and desktop also.

This problem is related only some extension ppt,rvt etc not for xls, pdf, txt

2) I am unable to search the DIR sap object WBS wise using CV04N transation. System is showing error "Error analysis

The system attempted to use dynpro 1233 in program "SAPLCV100"

This dynpro does not exist."

I have checked in SE80 that above programm , In that programm 1233 screen not attached. i have check to other company also .

Is it standard or not kindly provide the solution

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

The second file which is geting generated is the thumbnail file. Which workstation application are you using for these files?

Try this:

1) Chk if the workstation application u r using is set to thumbnails. If yes deactivate it, if no try #2

2) create a new workstation application and upload using that. Kindly let me know if problem still persists.

Regards

kiran_vuriti2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

We have the same issue: Thumbnails are getting generated only for JPG files (looks like standard behaviour) & would like to de-activate this. Please can you let us know what needs to be checked & where.

Kindly note that there are currently no entries in our IMG step: 'Set Up Workstation Application for Thumbnails (Images).

Thank you.

Kiran.

kiran_vuriti2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Folks,

Resolved this by setting the two parameters 'THUMB_WSAPPL' & 'THUMB_IT' to blank for the User group (as mentioned by Benakaraja in a different thread). If there are any other options, please drop in an email.

Thank you.

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Were u facing this problem with EasyDMS?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing problem in easy DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope your problem must have been solved by changing the registry entries as mention above. Always mention whether the problem is on EDMS / SAP R/3 DMS. this helps in providing correct solution.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajiv

Sorry for that.

I am not aware about registry kindly tell me the step of changing registry

Its more helpfull to me

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to start Run--> type regedit.

then browse to the following path

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\EasyDMS\General

Check whether you have the following entry "DisableThumbnails"

If not create it and set the value to 1.

Note : before making any changes to the system registry it is advisable to take a backup of the registry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for reply

Following entry are there

Name

1) Default

2) Ascending

3)doc chng allowed

4)Doc.ChangeAllowedOffline

5)Doc.Create.Dokar

6)FileBuffer.CheckTime

7)FileBuffer.LifeTime

8)Folder.Create.Dokar

9)Language

10)RFC.Timeout

11)SearchMaxRows

12)ShellView.DblClickAction

13)SortColumn

14)Workdirectory

Can I create new entry ("DisableThumbnails" ) or make a modification in same above entries if yes where and how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to add this entry. If you have any doubt in doing that please consult the IT admin guys. They'll help you with it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear rajiv

R u sure this problem come because of registy ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EasyDMS is an extenstion to the Windows explorer hence many settings are there in the registry. Apart from SAP IMG the registry plays an important role.

Do take a backup of registry in case of doubt and don't change anything else apart from the one asked for.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Thx for your reply

Dear George Rodgers

I am very very much thanks.

My issue is solved by setting the two parameters 'THUMB_WSAPPL' & 'THUMB_IT' to blank for the User group.

Once agian thx

Edited by: Harish Parab on Sep 17, 2009 12:53 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

your second question is resolved.

can you send me your spro setting , i can check and let you know ASAP

Regards

Tushar Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

For your first question you have to check your settings in SPRO

Define workstation Application setting is

PC PPT 1 Microsoft Power Point %auto%

PC PPT 2 Microsoft Power Point %auto%

for your Second question

you have to check object PRPS (WBS Element) screen number 213 is there or not ???

if not then maintain screen number 213 this wil resolve your problem

Regards

Tushar Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tushar

My second issue is solved thanks But my first issue is not solved after making same setting as you said

kindly help

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

about your first query;

please check in DC30 - workstation aplication - whether any addtional files are maintained for particular application.

Regards,

Pramod