cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompletion procedure change - open orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before - I've done a search and found no conclusive answer.

We've recently implemented an incompletion procedure change and all is fine. However, couple of old open sales orders were missed (left open).

We are trying to close the orders by reducing the open qty, but cannot save the changes because of the new incompletion procedure.

I wonder if there is a way of "bypassing" the incompletion procedure in order to close those orders?

I'm trying to avoid changes to the incompletion procedure just for the left-over orders...(we would have to transport them, and then change back again)

Thanks in advance.

V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We are trying to close the orders by reducing the open qty

Try to assign Reason for Rejection for those orders which you can achieve through MASS

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply - but I'm not sure it solves my problem. All I need to do is reduce the line qty down to what was delivered, but the change to incompletion procedure stops me from being able to do that. Or am I missing something?

Your help is much appreciated.

V.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if there is a way of "bypassing" the incompletion procedure 
     in order to close those orders?

All I need to do is reduce the line qty down to what was delivered

I have given the above suggestion to address the first question and I have to test to answer your second comments.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I guess I didn't word it correctly - we don't actually need to "close" the order, but just reduce the qty on each partially delivered line.

Cheers

V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you give the data as required by the incompletion log in the sales order with the reduced quantity=Deliverd Qty?

or

If incompletion log is configured with warning message only then you can save the order with out giving data.

Let me know the constrains for testing the above.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion - but we can't provided the required data - one of the changes was to do with blank PR00 pricing condition. Since the line was partially delivered (with blank PR00), it cannot be amended to satisfy the incompletion procedure...

The procedure is configured not to allow to save - changing that would mean transporting it to production, and then back again...

Thanks

V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this stage I think either of the two options can be used

1) If the number of sales orders are less, in debugg mode try to change the status as closed.

2) Required data needs to be maintained according to the log. Ex: PR00= 0.01.

Above options are given to you to avoid the configuration trasports in to Quality and Production clients.

Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Debugger, never though of that. If I could somehow change the return status of the incompletion check so it lets me save (I assume there is a call to a function or something), that may work. Hmmm, must look at that. I'll let you know how I got on (won't be today).

Thanks.

V.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, we were able to use debugger to bypass the incompletion procedure for the pricing error on completed lines, and close the orders off that way.

Much appreciated.